Part 8

It was Manyata's first day at Uday Niwas and she was quite nervous as she reached the kitchen to cook some sweet dish as told by her mother . Although this marriage was a deal for her but their families deserved some peace after so much drama they witnessed due to Manveer's fights and apparent hatred for each other.

She entered the kitchen and immediately the staff greeted her respectfully. She smiled at them politely. She was confused what to make.

Yuvrani g what do you want to cook? The chef asked as he moved forward to get the ingredients for her.

I'm still confused  you all suggest me something .... What does everyone like here?
Manyata asked

Yuvrani g you should make kheer ...... Yuvraj doesn't go for Indian desserts much but he loves kheer ...... Maharani g used to make it for him .
Meena told her . Meena has been working for the jaigrah family even before Uday and unnati were born ...... she is the supervisor of all the staff here . She took care of Uday and unnati since childhood and both of them love and respect her a lot .
Manyata knows it and adores her too.
Manyata noticed how she just mentioned what uday would like ..... but of course she doesn't know their equation.

Okay .
She replied and plastered a smile across her face . She didn't want to make anything for him but she was left with no other option . Meena left to do other works and Manyata got busy in making the dessert.

..............

She made kheer using the secret recipe of her mother . She smiled tearfully as she missed her family. A chuckle escaped her mouth as she remembered how she wanted to get rid of them all when she was brought back to her home after 16 years and now here she is , married to her childhood fiancé and missing that same family of hers whom she refused to accept back then.

She called her mother and told her about it. They chatted for some time.

Komal could sense her daughter was still disturbed but she chose not to interfere because she wanted Manyata and uday to solve it on their own .

They needed to develop some understanding and komal knew this was much needed. Manyata asked about other family members and was upset to know that jay was still angry at her but then shrugged off that feeling because someone so selfish didn't deserve her care .
She heard vijay joking about something that made her smile .

................

After some time manyata moved towards the dining hall with a bowl in her hand . There unnati and Giriraj were already seated waiting for breakfast . She greeted them with a smile . They both reciprocated with cheerful smiles.

So what have you cooked bhabi sa , khushbu tou kafi achi arhi hai. Unnati asked rubbing her hands excitedly . Such a kiddo she was . Manyata was relieved to see her back to normal with her ...... she really missed her best friend.

Humne tou bss kheer bnayi hai baki sara breakfast tou staff ne bnaya hai.
Manyata told her

Woahh kheer hmm? Dada ki favourite ......
Unnati winked at her.

Heat rose to her cheeks. How much ever she denies he does have a special effect on her . She hates to admit but that true.

Unnati beta don't tease my daugher .
Giriraj smiled patting her head . Manyata was left surprised at the way Giriraj addressed her with so much adoration . Brijraj on the other hand doesn't even care about her . She felt sad yet happy at the same time . Her eyes got teary as she smiled at Giriraj. Maybe she didn't think of him to be so sweet before .