Chapter 4

Once we had finished eating, we got ready for bed. Rebecca had a little bit of studying to do while Luke got dressed in some spare clothes. I headed to the bathroom to wash my face. When I turned on the light, I saw the girl who grew up with nannies and made them quit because they couldn't handle it. I had changed in the past few months.

Even though we are agents, we still learn regular schoolwork. I have been stressed over 5 papers that were due last week and the grades were about to be released soon. The most sleep I've gotten this week was during a lecture in my World History Espionage class, which was an hour and a half. I walked back into the room to see Luke sitting on my bed and Rebecca stretching before climbing into her bed.

Luke and I had shared a bed until we were 6. He hated sharing the bed with me. He only liked sharing when he felt like the world was closing around him. That was how he was feeling tonight. He gave me a small smile as I pulled back the covers for him to climb in. When we both laid down, we were facing each other. We just looked at each other in a comfortable silence. I was the first one to talk. For the longest time, it has always seemed like it was just the two of us in our own world

"I know you feel bad right now, but it's going to be OK." I tried to reassure him.

He just nodded and opened his arms for me. I scooted closer and he gave me a warm hug.

"Good night," he said with a smile and kissed the top of my head.

"Good night," I said back.

I tossed and turned all night being chased in my memories of everything that had happened. I was drowning in my subconscious. I saw my parents dropping me off at the school with Luke with two suitcases each. They haven't even sent a letter to us; they dropped us off 10 years ago. We earned our ranks and went on missions, had celebratory parties for jobs well done, and we even celebrated our birthdays here at the school. I feel like the school is more of a home to us, where we have tight bonds with the other agents especially Rebecca. The academy brings agents together.

I saw when Jackson broke up with me. I felt like my chest was getting tighter. I saw him when he told me about his 3 month mission and how he didn't have time for our relationship. I watched as he just turned and walked off into the distance. I had watched him walk until he was nothing but a speck in my vision. He had turned around once and that was to tell me that it was for the best. I had been devastated. I watched as that version of me sobbed uncontrollably on Luke's shoulder, as he carried me into the house. I saw all of this unfold yet I couldn't do anything. It was as if I was reliving the nightmare. I felt like I couldn't breathe. The air felt thick and I couldn't catch my breath.

"Alex, Alex, wake up, ALEX!" I heard Luke but it felt like I couldn't even move.

I shot up in a cold sweat. Luke was holding me to his body. I was shaking and didn't even realize I was crying until he wiped my eyes.

"I-I don't know what happened," I mumbled into his shoulder.

"You were crying. It took me 5 minutes to wake you up."

I had no idea what to say. I was still in shock of what just happened. I looked over at Luke who just looked at me with worry in his eyes. Rebecca had heard the commotion and ran out of the bathroom in a towel and her dagger that she keeps under the vanity.

"Don't worry, she's fine."Luke said looking away from Rebecca with a light blush on his face.Rebecca looked at me, then she returned to the bathroom.

"How about I call the headmistress and tell her you are coming down with something and that I'm going to stay with you. She can find someone else to help out Jackson." Luke said while rubbing my back. I just nodded and laid back down.

I closed my eyes and got lost in my thoughts. I opened my eyes when I felt the bed dip down beside me. I looked over to see my twin staring right back at me. I saw the grey eyes and dark hair we both share and I saw the boy that I used to share a room with. The boy who would cry when mom and dad wouldn't be home in time for dinner. The young boy who would help me get dressed day and night.

We had to care for ourselves since mom and dad were always on missions. We were home schooled and we rarely communicated with people outside of our house. I saw my vulnerable brother that struggled with reading since he had dyslexia. He always came to me for help with reading and writing. As if the universe hadn't given him enough to bear, he also had ADHD. Though his jumpiness came in handy when he needs fast reflexes on a mission, it was a downfall when he was fidgety in class. He even suffered from asthma and that put his whole life in danger when he doesn't have his inhaler. It always seemed life played a cruel game with him. My brother and I were inseparable, nothing could come between us.

"So what do you want to do today?" He asked me, with a small smile.

Rebecca had already gone to class so we had the room to ourselves.

"I think I would like to binge watch all of our favorite shows with my favorite twin brother," I said gesturing to the remote that controlled Netflix.

"I know you too well," he said getting up to get the remote. Then he came back next to me and started up the shows.