≈Ⓕⓞⓤⓡ≈

.・。.・゜✭𝚉𝚊𝚔'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅✫・゜・。.

My eyes slowly flicker open, not hearing any sign of my alarm. Thinking I woke up to early I roll over, closing my eyes once again. That's when I'm blinded by a thin strip of light that escaped through my curtains. I rub my eyes, trying to wake up. Flipping over my phone to check the time seeing it's already nine. I forgot to set my damn alarm!

"Fuck!" I was about to say, but all I did was mouth it. All I could do was mouth it. I spent ten minutes running around the house in a hurry. My mom already left for work, she leaves when I'm supposed to leave. My step dad is who knows where, probably out getting drunk somewhere. My mom had me with another person, so her actual soulmate is considered my step dad. Even though I don't like seeing him as a fatherly figure at all.

I rush out the door after quickly getting dressed, and brushing my teeth. I get into my car, quickly starting the ignition and driving off. It was only at least a two minute drive, so I started to calm down a bit once I got going.

I get to school, it already having started twenty minutes prior. I walk through the big double doors of the school. The hallways were absolutely dead, which was kind of nice considering it's always chaotic. I quickly stop by my locker before going to class which was computer coding. It's my favourite class, so I wasn't that mad.

I unlock my locker, immediately seeing a little wrapped gift resting peacefully on the second shelf. A small smile spread across my face as I take it from the shelf, slowly unwrapping it. It was a whiteboard. My eyes start to water with happiness as I read the little sticky note attached to it.

Hey, dude! We thought you might need this! Happy Birthday!
- Red, George, Clay

It was small, the ones you get that have a little pencil holder for the marker, but I didn't care. It was the sweetest gesture. They do so much for me, and I can't even tell them how thankful I am properly. I close my locker, whiteboard in hand as I made my way to class.

"Good morning!" Miss. Steph greeted me with a smile. She really likes me, so she's never really hard on me for being late. I get the best grades in this class, always ahead of everyone. I'm not one of those people that make a big deal of it though. I get good grades because the class is something I'm actually interested in, not some useless math facts.

I give her a big smile, quickly waving before taking my usual spot at the back of the class. Everyone was already busy at work, working on the assignment that is due tomorrow. I was already finished, so I didn't really have anything to do. I got bored, mindlessly drawing on the whiteboard. After awhile I felt the need to go to the restroom, getting up out of my seat and walking over to Miss. Steph's desk.

"Can I use the restroom? I'm already done everything." I write, flipping it over for her to read. She furrows her eyebrows before looking up at me. "You don't have any words?" She asks. I shake my head no with a slight frown. "Aw, I'm sorry Zak. And yes you can." She says with a small smile before going back to what she was doing on her computer.

As I walked through the classroom I looked over, noticing someone I haven't seen here before. I tilt my head in interest. He must be the new student. I notice I'm staring when he looks up at me, making eye contact for a second or two before I quickly turn to leave.

Once I got back there was still a half an hour left of class. I sit back in my chair, eyes threatening to close. That's when I hear a voice "excuse me." My eyes immediately open from the sudden noise. "Oh, sorry I didn't mean to startle you." It was the new kid. He looked down at me, cheeks red in embarrassment. I open my mouth to talk but then remembered. I quickly get out my whiteboard.

"It's alright, what do you need?" I flip it over for him to read. He looked a bit confused at first, but answered without question. "Uh- I was wondering if you can help me with the assignment, I'm kind of lost." He explains, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. I nod a quick 'yes' before getting up and following him to his seat.

"I kind of just got here yesterday, so I don't really know what we are doing." He explains, showing me the little progress he had. I examine it carefully. The assignment was to code a special effect to any game of your choice. A small smile spread across my face when I realized he chose Minecraft. I did too.

"Your mistake is you're typing it wrong, you forgot to add command." I write down. He read it carefully, nodding along as he read. "Alright, I'll try that." He says, turning back towards his laptop. I watch as he coded the command, fixing his mistakes. I didn't realize when my eyes drifted up to him, staring at his fluffy brunette hair and mesmerizing forest green eyes.

"It worked!" He exclaims excitedly, looking at me with the biggest smile. "Thank you- uh..." He stops. "Zak." I write on my board. "Well, thank you Zak, and it's nice to meet you." He smiles, earning a smile back from me. "What's your name?" I write. "It's Bad." He informs me. I nod, letting him know I understand. That's when the bell rings, informing us it's the end of the period. I didn't realize we were talking for that long.

We go our separate ways, going to our next class which we didn't have together. He was nice. My next class was History. I normally think it's boring, having painfully low grades in that class. I didn't have it with any of my friends, so it was even more boring. I just spent the entire time doodling on my paper, acting like I was listening so the teacher wouldn't call on me.

I tried to keep my thoughts away from what happened the other day, but it was hard. I really did love Kate, and in return she did that to me. I was so fucking loyal. I get that either way we aren't soulmates, but at least break up with me first instead of cheating. I feel so betrayed, but I have my friends. They are there for me no matter what, and I appreciate that. They really did help me feel better.

Finally after a painfully long hour the bell rang, dismissing us for lunch.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★
1177 words