Chapter 12

A week later, while Kenma is busy playing videogame in his computer, the doorbell rang and he got a notification from the buzzer that someone is outside the house.

He pause the game and tore his eyes from the screen before he took his headset off and stood up. He headed to the living room and looked at the camera and saw a deliveryman with a parcel standing outside. Kenma turned the microphone and spoke.

"I didn't order anything," he said languidly. He never likes it when someone interrupts him while playing.

"But sir, you're Mr. Kozume Kenma right? And the address in the parcel is the same as your address."

"As I said, I didn't order anything." Kenma sighed inaudibly. He doesn't even remember ordering anything since he got back to Japan. Either the address is wrong or someone is playing tricks on him.

"The parcel is from Ms. L/n Y/n."

"Look, I think you should lea—"

Kenma cut himself off when he heard the familiar name. "Wait, who did you say it was from?"

"Ms. L/n Y/n."

On the same day, you were lounging in your office after dropping by. Since you thought you might as well check the illustrations for your book. And since you have nothing else to do, thanks to the geezers who refuse to show themselves last board meeting, you decided to kill some time in your office.

While you're busy checking your nails, one of these days you might get the urge to have them repainted. Black, perhaps? Since it reminds you of Kenma's hair. Black with streaks of yellow. Akaashi on the other hand is busy with his phone.

"Keiji, did you do what I tell you to do?" you asked.

"Which one is it, Y/n-san?"

"Huh?" you asked again, tearing your gaze from your nails to look at Akaashi. "What do you mean which one?"

"You ordered me to do so many things that I don't know which one you're pertaining to."

You clenched your hand in a fist and smiled at Akaashi. Two contradicting gesture but Akaashi knew you're annoyed. But it's not like he isn't telling the truth. He seriously had no idea what you were referring to since you asked him to do quite a lot of things.

"If you're not as efficient as you are, I would have fired you a long time ago, did you know that, Keiji?" you asked, a smile still playing on your rouge covered lips and your tone light and sweet.