Chapter 26

The night had never felt so fast before, one moment you were under intoxication with euphoria and pleasure, the next you found yourself stirring from slumber, the duvet wrapped around your bare body like a snake that you found it hard to untangle. In the end you decide to lie there, back flat on the bed, eyes staring at the ceiling while you recall the events that occurred the night before.

You came back to Tokyo after two weeks in Hokkaido where you were able to spend even just a short while with your older sister. There were a lot of eventful things that occurred over the course of your stay there, and that includes Kenma and his sort of confession. Which reminds you of the things that happened last night and the remnants of it left in your aching body.

"Kenma," you muttered, arms outstretched as you rolled to your side and found the otherwise empty side of the bed much to your dismay. "He isn't a morning person."

But it was no longer morning, as you sat up, the duvet finally sliding down your body, you noticed the digital clock that showed the numbers one and thirty along with the words p.m.

"Oh," you muttered in realization that there's no way Kenma would have gotten out of bed if it's six in the morning.

You half expected him to have left when you headed out of the bedroom, the other half expecting him to still be here. When you got to the living room, it was the latter. There he is, sitting on the couch, a book in hand and a mug on the coffee table.

"I thought you'd be sleeping the whole day," he said, putting the book down and looking at you who are now making your way towards him.

"I wasn't the one who kept me up the whole night," you said, sitting on the couch beside him and snatching the book from his hand. You raised your eyebrow. "Wish Upon A Dead Star."

It was one of your children's books he was reading, probably your favorite as you handed the book back to Kenma. But instead of continuing to read it, he put it to the side and turned to you. Wearing nothing but a rather oversized t-shirt that went down your thigh, you also decided to tie your hair up in what was supposed to be a bun but turned out to be quite messy. Messy, but beautiful, reminding you how things don't need to be perfect to be pretty.

"Do you know the moral of that story?" you asked, looking at the book before looking back at Kenma.

"Enlighten me," he said.

You moved closer to him, putting an arm on his shoulder, your fingers playing along his hair that's quite longer than before. "We shouldn't waste our time waiting for our wish to come true, we should start working on our dreams. Who knows, maybe the star we're wishing upon had already died up there."