4: Bruises

1:11am

APoV

Y/n's eyelids were sticking with every blink. She was already pushing herself to stay awake by continuing her research at the prison. If she was in her apartment she would have easily found a way to fall asleep, but not in a prison, you'd have to be ballsy to let your guard down there.

She'd searched through file after file thanks to the keys Jimin had given her to the directors office. She didn't trust that man, she didn't trust that he'd given her all the information there was to give.

And yet despite her efforts, she still knew nothing more about the murders then she did this morning.

The light bulb in the desk lamp she was using started to flicker, until slowly becoming dimmer and dimmer before switching off completely.

Sighing she took that as her sign to head home.

She grabbed her things and left the directors office, making sure to be careful and avoid the night time staff that wandered the halls every few minutes.

Making her way down the hall she couldn't help but want to check on Jungkook. Just the thought of him being all alone in the dark and dreary cell made her weak with pity.

She gave in to her curiosity and headed straight for the boys cell. At first her pace was slow, but when she heard his voice call out in fear she picked up the the speed, running faster then she'd ever ran before.
When reaching the door she panicked to search for her the spare set of keys, the sound of Jungkooks screams setting her to fear the worst.

Finally finding the right key she opened the door, pained to see Jungkook strapped down in his straight jacket but desperately shaking to break free.
Once the padlock was unlocked she raced inside, quick to kneel beside him where she then cupped hold of his face. "Jungkook you're having a nightmare wake up—."

"IT HURTS TELL HIM TO STOP TELL HIM TO STOP!!"

"Jungkook it's me it's Y/n I'm here I'm not going to hurt you—."

"DONT LEAVE ME ALONE WITH HIM COME BACK PLEASE COME BACK!!"

"Jungkook!!" My voice sends his eyes to shoot open and look straight at me, and I swear I've never seen someone look so scared in all my life. It breaks my heart to see him like this, sweating buckets, panting out of breath and unable to move a muscle due to his tight restraints. I've had enough.

Taking my keys I unlock each padlock on his straight jacket, there's about 12 spread from his ankles right up to his neck. My heart starts to pound quicker as I reach the last padlock. He'll be completely free from restraints and I'm in perfect reach...

But the unexpected happens. He grabs onto me, but clings to me with fear, his head nuzzling into my shoulder as his hands grip tightly onto the fabric of my sweater. His breathing begins to slow down and I've never felt so relieved.

"Don't leave me alone with him Y/n." He whimpers, sniffling away the tears that had filled his eyes.

"No one else is here Jungkook it's just you and me and I'm here to stay, I won't leave you alone, not until you fall back asleep."

He shakes his head. "If I fall asleep he'll come back."

"Who will??"