9: The tape

Next Morning

Y/n PoV

"I want you to quit."

"Kirsten you're the one that insisted I take the job in the first place" I laugh into the phone.

"Yeah but Y/n you haven't been right ever since you started there. You're staying up late going through those weird sociology books—."

"Psychology" I correct her.

"And your spending nights in his cell. It's just not right you're turning crazy!"

"I am not turning crazy Kirsten I just care about him. You would understand if you met him."

"I don't wanna meet him he's a criminal! A murderer! He's the type of guy your father was trained to hunt down and lock away!"

"You're wrong Kirsten. He's more then what the media made him out to be. Remember those times in your life when you thought the whole world was against you? Well every day is like that for him. He's suffering Kirst, I can't just sit back and watch."

I hear her sigh on the other end of the phone.

"Look I really do appreciate you looking out for me it's just—."

"Y/n if you continue like this then we can't be friends anymore. Goodbye."

The call ends. She actually hung up on me.

Sighing I sink into my desk chair. And then my phone rings again. I answer it immediately.

"Kirsten??"

"No sorry dear, it's Doctor Lee."

"Oh"

"You sound disappointed" she chuckles.

"No no I'm not. S-sorry I just had a fall out with my friend on the phone."

She doesn't need to know that Y/n...

"Erm, so what can I help you with?"

"Actually it's what I can help you with. I've been doing some digging for more case study files and I think I found some more information on Jungkooks case."

"Wow that's great!"

"I know. Now I've taken photos of some pages and emailed them to you so you may wanna check if they've sent. But also there's something in particular I wanna bring to your attention."

"Okay?"

"Jungkook only killed 3 people. Not 4."

"What?? But. He told me himself that there were 4 victims."

"Yeah well he lied. Now I don't know if this information helps you with your research but I just thought I'd make you're aware of it anyway. I trust you with knowing this."

Wow. I almost feel bad for doubting the woman now.

"Okay. Thankyou so much for telling me."

"Come to my office tomorrow and you can take the files home with you, they're better safe in your keep them at this place."

"Okay I'll stop by before my session first thing."

Next Morning