DARKNESS RISING 3 Part 1

INFO:

- "text"- regular speaking

- "text"- Sean thinking to himself

- "TEXT" - story transition

Music links: the custom soundtrack for the story.

BEGIN STORY

Beep Beep!

Sean mentally groaned. That was a really good sleep, and he slept like a rock. He slowly opened his eyes, but his eyes didn't feel ready.

Beep Beep!

'Fine!'
The teenager got up and unlocked his cellphone.

Unknown Number: "Sean? Are you awake yet?"

He texted back "Who's this?"

"Optimus."

'Oh yeah, right, I still have to deal with this robot mess.'

SEAN: "Getting up now."

"We should head back to base. Ratchet has been working all night."

'We better not be staying there until 10:00 pm again.'

He got up, pulled on his normal clothes, and headed into the bathroom. After brushing his teeth, he headed downstairs, before pulling out his cellphone.

SEAN: "How long are we going to stay there?"

He left his phone on the counter before grabbing a container of leftover eggs and pushing a pair of bagels into the toaster. Putting some eggs on a plate, he placed them in the microwave and set a minute timer.

Sean checked just to see Optimus respond: "I do not know, Sean. But until we figure out the intentions of the Decepticons, your safety is of top priority."

So all day then. Guess I'll have to make myself lunch, and maybe some snacks.

"I'll be there soon."

He quickly grabbed his lunchbox and filled it with some fruits, and two water bottles. He also took the liberty of making a turkey and cheese sandwich.

But a thought lingered in his head: how the hell did Optimus find his cellphone number?

Both the microwave and the toaster were finished, and Sean snatched both the eggs and bagels and formed an egg sandwich. He put that along with the turkey sandwich inside the lunch box, before writing a quick note.

"Mom and Dad, I'll be gone for most of the day- I'll be hanging out with Rafael and help work on each other's projects and homework. Expect me to arrive home by 6:00 pm or later. Don't worry, I made myself lunch and breakfast! Love you! XOXO"

After that, he left and closed the front door from behind.

Optimus remained where he was in truck form and gladly opened the door for Sean as he got inside. "Good morning," he spoke first.

"Morning Optimus," the teenager replied.

The truck pulled out of the neighborhood and began driving towards the freeway.

MEANWHILE, ONBOARD THE NEMESIS

"I don't think you'll need to worry about Autobot interference, master, not with Optimus gone," Starscream spoke to Megatron, who was still studying the massive crystal with his soul-piercing optics.

"And what evidence do you possess of this fact?" Megatron shot back.

"I destroyed the mines, as you instructed."