Con-Job: The New Guest(s)

INFO:

- "text"- regular speaking

- "text"- Someone thinking to himself

-"TEXT" - story transition

Music links: the custom soundtrack for the story.

All references to actual characters, movies, books, etc. are purely intentional. All references belong to their rightful owners.

Sean's guardian is Optimus Prime, but Bulkhead will swap in when he is busy on leader activities or is being repaired.

NOTE: I know that Sean may not have done much throughout the story, but after the incident in this chapter, he will eventually decide to put his leadership skills to the test. As for how, you'll see :)

BEGIN STORY

"All Warfare Is Based On Deception" - Sun Tzu

Sunday, December 4th, 2010

Yesterday was quite the day, when robot piranhas came into existence (from the humans' perspectives) and nearly killed all of the Autobots. But thanks to the human teenagers, the robots lived to fight another day.

But since then, the whole team has been cleaning up the mess left by the scraplets, along with some small chores such as cleaning the Energon pipes, dusting the human levels, and fixing any minor damage caused by the scraplets across the base.

And today was no different. Sean had to come later today due to his family dragging him into chores. He had to help wash the family car manually with sponges and a hose and help mow the lawns. By the time Sean arrived at the base, his friends from school were finishing up their chores there as well. The time on his watch read 11:13 am.

Ratchet, as usual, was standing before the three giant monitors, probably looking for any sign of Decepticon activity. Optimus, who picked him up from home, transformed and walked over to the medic for the "morning status." Bumblebee and Arcee were standing near the railing of the second floor, talking to each other. By the time Sean was left by himself, the two Autobots greeted him.

"Oh, hey Sean," a familiar voice called. Sean turned to see Jack standing nearby. "'Sup, Jack?"

"Nothin', just helping clean the base of the scraplets. We still have some leftover near the Energon storage room, but otherwise, most of them are in the trash."

"That's good to hear," Sean sighed. Both he and Jack started walking up the stairs to the human section. Rafael, who had his backpack opened for homework, was picking up small metal pieces (some damage from the infestation yesterday) and putting them into the trash bin nearby.

As soon as they got onto the second floor, Raf turned to see them coming and greeted Sean. "Why didn't you come earlier?"

"Let's just say I had to get some chores done back at home," Sean replied. He looked around to notice that someone was absent from the group. "Hey, where'd Miko go?"

As if on queue, Bulkhead walked out of the main hallway and towards the Autobots below. Sitting on his right shoulder was none other than the foreign exchange student. She held onto his shoulder plates as they entered the main room. 

"All right, chores are done! Now can we do some doonbashing?" Miko Nakadai asked her guardian.

"I don't know, Miko," the green Autobot replied, "last time I spent a week picking sand out of my articulators. But, I heard there's a monster truck rally in town?" He convinced her.