Sick Mind Part 1

FROM A FUTURE CHAPTER:

'Is that...No! Focus, Nightbird!' her memory processor began heating up as her optics stared at the newcomer, who stood at the helm of the code processor. Those colors...that can't possibly be him, right?

Even though she wanted to move on with her patrol, that recruit seems off. The color scheme probably made him stand out, but Nightbird had her suspicions. Spying on the Decepticons for this long made her trust her instincts.

She turned to see a group of vehicons strolling down toward the recruit's room. Nightbird broke off her sight and continued walking her way.

"I don't get it, why is Optimus Prime working for us? Something doesn't seem right," one of the troopers quietly asked his comrade, causing Nightbird to stop in her tracks.

"I don't know, Stakewreck, but only Megatron knows. For all I care, I'm glad he's on our side."

She carefully listened to their conversation as she walked on. Her state-of-the-art gadgets picked up every word they said, even if she couldn't hear the rest. Nightbird blinked her optics, and the message was transmitted.

-----

--BACK TO THE CURRENT CHAPTER--

-----

Saturday, December 17, 2010.

Ever since the incidents last week on the 9th and 10th of December, our human friends have been greatly worried over Knockout and Breakdown's arrival in Jasper, fearing their possible return. Well, it was Rafael Esquivel who was more afraid than the other three. And the teens were also curious about this new Decepticon, Arachnid. However, every time they asked about her to Jack and Arcee, they would get very uncomfortable, and tell them to never talk about her.

In terms of enemy activity, nothing thankfully occurred near their town. The Cons have been flying their ship all over the planet, occasionally stopping to mine Energon in isolated locations.

As of today, this may as well be no different. Sean Rodriguez ate his egg sandwich while sitting in the passenger seat of Optimus Prime, who was busy driving him to the base.

"Did you find any Cons around town?" Sean stuffed some broken egg pieces into his mouth. The Prime replied, "As of lately, no. As for Vince, the bully, he is...doing well."

"Still bullying people?"

Optimus sighed, "Even though he may be a nuisance to you and your friends, he is still innocent. Every sentient creature has the capacity for change, even your bully."

As Sean finished his sandwich, he looked out to see the desert landscape. The cactuses, the dead shrubs, and the sun beating down from its low angle in the sky.

"Optimus, did Miko ever tell you about the fight between me and Vince?" The blonde's determination finally made him ask.

"I believe Bulkhead made mention of that fight. But why did you do it?" the Autobot's side mirror turned to face him.

"Vince splashed some water on Raf's notebook before the last test of the day. He even slammed the locker doors on the kid's arms. Seeing him suffer like that...I-I didn't want Vince to get away with this while Raf suffered. I swatted his food away and called him out, but then he got angry and slammed me against the wall."

"Sean," his voice beamed from the radio, "I understand your intentions. What you did, you stood up for Rafael when no one else would. However, this bully would not take your actions lightly and will try to start fights with both you and Raf. I strongly suggest you do not escalate things further with more fights, okay?"