7

Warnings:
-Mentions chemotherapy/cancer

George's POV

I walked up to Sapnap after my latest class and sat down next to him. He smiled as I let myself fall down next to him with a sigh.

'I'm tired,' I whined as I let out another deep sigh.

Sapnap grinned and ruffled my hair up.

'You're always tired, Gogy,' he laughed as he pulled me closer.

'Actually, Sap?' I started. 'Can we hang out after school? I have to talk to you.'

'Of course,' he replied as he looked at me. 'Is something wrong?'

'No, but I guess I just want to make sure we are alone when I tell you,' I answered his question.

Sapnap nodded. 'Okay, I'll be there after school.'

I smiled as I sat back, feeling nervous for this afternoon. I was finally going to tell Sapnap that I had a girlfriend again.

After a short relationship with a girl, I got into a relationship with another one who I currently together with. I hadn't told him since we only got together a month ago, but I still wanted to tell him now. For some reason it made me nervous.

~~~

I walked home with Sapnap and walked into my house, greeting my mother who sat back on the couch with a cup of tea.

'Hi boys! Do you want a drink?' she asked as she stood up with a smile on her face.

'No, thanks,' I answered, smiling at her. 'I had a lot of water at school.'

'I'm good too! Maybe later if that's okay,' Sapnap added.

'Of course, no worries! Have fun.'

I smiled and walked upstairs with Sapnap as my hands felt shaky and my heart was beating strongly, seemingly to be in my throat. I had no idea why I was this scared since it was just a relationship but I felt bad for not telling him yet.

I took a deep breath as I sat down on my bed and leaned back against the wall after Sapnap sat down too.

'Calm down, George,' he comforted me. 'I won't get mad or anything. I love you no matter what's going on.'

I breathed in through my nose and held my breath for a few seconds, breathing out slowly through my mouth to remain calm.

'So, you see. You know I had a girlfriend and such and like- it was just really short and I got over her very fast, but uh- so,' I tried to explain. 'Ugh, I hate this.'

'What's up? It's fine, okay?' he calmly asked.

I sighed again and lifted my knees. 'I have another girlfriend. I'm sorry for not telling you.'

'Oh, that's so cool!' Sapnap yelled out. 'I don't mind that you didn't tell me!'

I smiled. 'Thanks, I was just scared she'd dump me very soon so I didn't have the courage to tell you yet.'

'I'm happy for you,' Sapnap smiled as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

He laughed jokingly and pushed my shoulder. 'Now, who is your girlfriend?'

I showed him a picture and smiled. 'It's all a bit weird still, I never had a serious relationship with someone before. I'm honestly not completely sure if I'm actually still in love with her or if it's just new to me,' I admitted.

'What makes you think that?' Sapnap asked as he looked at me with a comforting smile.

'I don't know. I was really in love but I'm not sure if we completely fit together now. She's just a bit different than I thought she was.'

'Give it some time to get your thoughts together and then you'll know what to do soon enough,' Sapnap answered.

'I will, thanks for always supporting me.'

He smiled and I stood up. 'Want to walk? I always get happy to walk through nature since I appreciate life so much more after I beat bone cancer.'

'Yeah, I didn't go through it, but I started appreciating it too. Something can happen whenever so I can better enjoy the small things,' he agreed, standing up too so we could go outside.

My leg was still weaker than my other and I couldn't run nor could I walk for very long, but I really appreciated that I could at least stand on it again and that I still had both my legs.

The recovery after my chemo was long and slow. It took me a year to recover as much as I could. My hair took months to grow back, yet it was still shorter than it used to be.

Honestly, next to all the side effects I had for a really long time, I was so happy to be off chemo. I hated it more than anything and it made me feel so incredibly sick. I was just proud I was able to say I beat cancer now.

Sapnap and I started walking for a while, but I had to sit down a bit later. Sapnap understood and sat next to me, looking at me with a worried look.

'I don't want to be annoying, but I just want to check on you, okay? You've been tired really easily lately. Do you feel any pain? You usually walked further.'

I shrugged. 'I've been very tired lately. I think I might have been sleeping worse than I used to.'

Sapnap nodded slowly and I looked up to him with a sad face. 'What are you implying?'

'I'm not implying anything. I just want to make sure, you know?'

'Make sure what?' I whispered as I tried not to cry. 'Please, just tell me.'

'Make sure if the cancer isn't coming back,' he mumbled. 'But you said you've been sleeping badly so maybe you're just sleeping too little and doing too much for school.'

'You're making me really scared,' I sobbed. 'I don't want to be sick again.'

'It's fine, Gogy,' Sapnap smiled as he ruffled up my hair. 'You won't just get sick again. Even if you will, I'm going to be there with you and help you through it all.'

'But-,' I cried, feeling tears drop down my face as I hitched a breath. 'Not again, right?'

'Everything is fine. You're just tired which doesn't mean it's immediately back. As soon as you notice any other symptoms, we tell your parents and go to the hospital for checkups. Aren't your checkups soon?'

I nodded. 'In a few weeks, I think.'

'Okay,' he smiled. 'Let's just stay positive. Everyone is tired sometimes, don't worry about it.'

I nodded slowly and wiped my tears away with a soft sigh. 'Thank you for being here.'

1099 words