17th Day

[Warning: Angst]

Katsuki woke up on the couch. He yawned and looked around for Ochako, who he soon found asleep on the floor. She must have fell off the couch. He wondered how she didn't wake up, he sure would have.

He stretched and stood up, making sure to avoid stepping on Ochako's body. He went to the kitchen and grabbed two bowls from the cupboard, grabbing the box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch they had in the fridge and pouring it in the bowls. He poured some milk in each of them and put them on the table, sitting down and eating his. After he finished, Ochako walked in with messy hair. She looked at Katsuki and the bowl of cereal on the table for her and smiled. She sat down to eat as Katsuki admired her.

After a moment, they started talking.

"What are you looking at?" Ochako questioned the boy as she swallowed her food.

"Nothing" Katsuki replied, looking away quickly.

"Katsuki, you're allowed to admire me you know. We are together after all" Ochako giggled.

Katsuki slowly looked back at her. He knew he was allowed to admire his girlfriend, but he was a bit embarrassed nonetheless. He smiled and watched her as she ate her cereal.

Ochako enjoyed having him watch her, it made her feel special. It had always been that way, even before they started going out. Always. When they fought, even before that. She never knew why, but now she did. It was love.

"Hey, 'Chako. I've got an idea for what we can do today" Katsuki spoke.

"Oh? What is it?" Ochako asked, standing up and putting her bowl in the sink.

"Let's go camping" He said as he stood up with her.

Ochako thought for a moment. It couldn't do any harm, and they did need a bit of a break...

"That doesn't sound half bad, actually" She replied as she smiled at him. "Any idea where we would go?"

"I know a place" Katsuki told her.

So they packed their things and went to the mountain Katsuki suggested. Once they got there, they set up their tent and fireplace and got comfortable.

"Hey, Katsuki? Are you sure we packed the marshmallows?" Ochako asked as she dug through her boyfriend's backpack.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Why?" Katsuki asked the girl.

"I don't think they're in here." She replied.

Katsuki walked over to his bag and checked for the marshmallows, which as it turns out, he forgot to pack. He then looked for any kind of food source in the bag, but failed to find anything.

"'Chako, we might have to find berries or some shit. We forgot to pack food." He informed her.

"We forgot?" She asked, shocked. "We just forgot to pack what keeps us alive?"

He nodded.

"We are so stupid." She sighed, crossing her arms.

"Yeah, thanks fucking captain obvious. We have to find things to eat now, since you forgot to pack food!" Katsuki blamed her.

"Me? Don't act like it was my fault, I told you to pack the food!" Ochako told him.

"Oh, sure you did! If you told me to pack it I would have!" The blonde scoffed.

"And I would have too, but I was in charge of everything else!" She reminded him as her voice gradually got louder and louder.

"No you fucking weren't!" He yelled at her.

"Yes I was! You didn't do it, did you?!" She yelled back.

"Yes I did!" Katsuki got more irritated with each word he had to speak.

"No, you did not! All you did was tell me we were going camping, that's it! That is all you did!" She said loudly.

"This is so stupid, I didn't only do that. You're just so fucking useless that you like to give yourself credit for shit you didn't do! You're so insecure too, I genuinely can't believe how you act sometimes! You ask stupid questions, you look stupid, so just shut up!" Katsuki screamed at her.

Ochako couldn't believe her ears. She wasn't angry anymore. She didn't know what she felt. It wasn't happiness, that was for sure. She felt sad. She felt scared. She couldn't explain it properly. She stood there, hands hanging loosely at her sides as she listened to him rant about how stupid she was. She felt helpless.

Once Katsuki told her to shut up, his eyes immediately widened. He did not just say that. Not to her. He didn't know what to do. She looked so insulted.

"I...I'm sorry. Maybe this...maybe this was a mistake. I'm sorry about all of this.." She quietly apologized as she looked at the ground.

Shit. He watched her look more and more like she was about to cry. He couldn't believe he had just said all of that to her. No, not said. Screamed. He had screamed all of that at her.

"Look, let's just go back. This was a stupid idea anyway." He told her. He couldn't believe how cold he sounded.

Ochako nodded, unable to speak any more. They packed the things they had set up and drove back home. Once they got there, Ochako put everything away and went up to her room.

Katsuki didn't want to bother her, so he just stayed downstairs until he had to go to sleep. He passed Ochako's room and heard faint crying. He felt bad for the girl, and wanted to apologize to her more than anything. But he couldn't bring himself to do it. It must have been that stupid pride of his that stopped him.

He continued walking to his room and went to sleep.