Chapter 2: "Priority: Special Region"

--New Ginza Square--

Lining up for the crossing, Lancer tank platoons of the 75th Armored Division are leading the 2 columns (lights tanks are out of commission in this universe as MBTs offer high maneuverability and capable of harass and flanking operations) will be the first to engage enemy's legions detected by cloaked recon drones on the other side. Next in are the command APCs and IFVs carrying 5th SIF and 6th Marine Division then 2 artilleries Regiments and finally the logistics.

--IFV and command APCs--

The Infantry Fighting Vehicle is as heavily armored as the Lancers with the same energy shield generator. However, the main different is its armaments allow effective counter to mass infantry and swarming tactics used by several races in the galaxy. It carry one 45mm rapid firing turret, one AT smart missiles pod, two 20mm three-barrel rotary guns and 3 SWARM pods. The IFV capable of carrying up to 8 fully equipped soldiers and has 4 ports for 4 SAT8 combat bots.

The command APCs is a field command vehicle carrying powerful sensors and electronic warfare suits. It only have two 20mm three-barrel rotary guns and 1 SWARM pods but capable of deploy an energy shield dome with 10 meters (32.8 feet) radius. Armor and shielding are the same as IFV but the APC is longer and capable of carrying 8 fully equipped soldiers in additional to sensor and EW stations

----

"This is Hammerhead one one, we are exiting the tunnel, over" the commander in one of the lead tanks reports.

"Roger that Hammerhead one one, you are weapon free, I repeat weapon free, over" General Nguyen gives the orders to all units.

"Copy that Hammerhead Command, over".

The stream of Lancers pour out of the gate and span out to create a perimeter around the gate while firing on enemy camps not far away. The IFVs rush to the front lines and deploy their infantry while APCs in the back activate their shield domes. The Empire forces scramble to the sudden attack of the invading force from the gate, some are shocked and panic while those who manage to stay calm rush to gear up and form into combat formations as they are trained to do.

"Ash, you take the 2nd squad and make sure our left flank secure. 1st squad on me, go go! Move everyone!" Ava give orders to her platoon on exiting of the IFV "David, I want LMG on that rock formation! Move!".

Ava can see the enemies are forming up into large formations from the holographic display screen in her helmet, which make them a target for the Lancers' 120mm HEIP shells. TACNet is a system that allows TACs to share and receive information between soldiers, drones, combat bots and vehicles in the immediate combat around. Through TACNet, the number of enemies trying to retake the gate measure up to 700 thousands and is being reduced quickly.

Taking cover next to a Lancer and fire her rifle killing a dozen pig like creatures that was mindlessly charging up the hill to her position. The Lancer fire its main gun giving out a deep boom sound, HEIP shell evaporate a trebuchet and its crews. Stream of 20mm fire and swarm of missiles taking down or evaporating wyvern raiders in the air, effectively reduce the Imperial air support to nothing.

Ava sees a dozen fireballs from the trebuchet behind the enemy lines heading to the UNE line as if the enemy is focusing fire trying to take down one of the shield dome. However, the fire balls are destroyed on impact with the shield without doing any harm. The APC crew give a thumb up to a nearby officer indicate that the shield is holding strong. A several ballista shots also bounce of the shield dome harmlessly.

Thousands of enemy Trolls begin charging up the hill wearing makeshift armors with massive hammers. Not taking any chances, the Lancers start cutting them down with their 120mm. The HEIP shells make short work of the massive troops, even the 45mm on the IFVs still enough to kill them in a few shots.