Chapter 27: "Priority: Back to work"

--World building fact--

UNE standard sensor has a maximum range of approximately 30 lightyears. However, to acquire accurate fire solutions they need to be within 10 light years of the target. In an offensive operation, recon frigates are sent within 2 lightyears of the target to mark the target positions, the fleet will hold their position 15 lightyears away and generate tiny wormholes just big enough for the shells and the beams to get through. These wormholes will often open a few hundred meters away from the targeted ship and it is impossible to evade as the shells and beams fired from UNE ships travel at 99% the speed of light. If it is deemed too dangerous for the recon frigate to come so close, the fleet will hold their position within 10 light years of the target to acquire fire solution and do the same, although with less accuracy.

While firing, each battlegroup station 5 lightyears from each other. There are 4 task units in each battlegroup, which will station 0.5 lightyears from each other and each ship is thousands of kilometers from the other. This makes it almost impossible for the enemy to conduct a surprise counterattack and catch the entire fleet in one place, and at these distances, the battlegroups, as well as task units, could easily support each other.

Once the larger enemy ships are taken out, the fleet will space dive to 120,000 km away from the target to clean out smaller ships as well as fighters. Finally, once space superiority is achieved, the fleets will be in orbit of the target planet or installation to deploy troops.

The UNE is the only nation in the entire galaxy that have the technology, the coordination and mindset to come up and execute this strategy.

----

The following weeks after the fall of Sadera, Pina as the new Empress of the Empire sent out surrender orders to Imperial cities that were still loyal to Zoral. Those who refused to surrender were struck unexpectedly by UNE's bastions and transports that seemingly descended from heaven. Civilian deaths total up to thousands due to Imperial forces' expulsion and collateral damages caused by powerful UNE weaponry. In addition, various humanitarian campaigns were launched across Falmart to help villages that were stripped or abandoned by the Empire during the war and fallen cities. Many diseases were cured simply by the introduction of antibiotics and many disabilities were fixed by UNE's limbs growing technology.

Diabo is the righteous heir of the throne after Zoral's arrest but under the "suggestion" of the UNE, he agreed to give up the throne to Pina and act as her chancellery. Zoral and all the pro-war senators as well as senators that switched to pro-peace faction but participated in the decision of sending forces through the gate are being kept in prison by the UNE. An ongoing discussion with the Empire's new government to decide when and where the trial will take and who will take part in it. Lynk is still nowhere to be found.

The land of the darklings after it was deemed that the swarm is under the control of the darkling queens, and their sole purpose is to consume all the living things, was glassed from the orbit by HSS Destiny. A thorough scan of the planet showed that the darkling is extinct after the glassing.

As for the capital city of Sadera, the transition of power is relatively smooth and peaceful. The presence of HSS Normandy over the city firmly reminds the people that it is unwise to rise up against a nation with such godly power. Therefore, many nobles and the elite class of the empire, who don't like the idea of a foreign power occupying their capital, dare not speak up. The Rose Order was recalled back to Sadera to act as a temporary police force and to help rebuild the Empire.

The propaganda machine of the UNE is running in full swing to make sure every citizen aware of how dangerous is the Reaper threat and gain support for the war efforts. Mega corporations pledge to double their productions as factory worlds and mining hubs run at maximum capacity to product replicator mass as well as replicating weapons and nanite for war. Shipyards are ordered to build ships of both Guardian and Ares lines none stop as long lines of citizens waiting to enlist.