Chapter15: "Priority: Peace Talk P.2"

--Guest Lounge, Presidential Complex--

Pina has been sitting quietly since she returns from the Oval Office. She is staring out of the window with a blank expression on her face.

"Pina, can I call you Pina? What's on your mind?" Ava asks.

"Yes, you can call me Pina, Commander. I'm just thinking about the meeting" Pina replies.

"It didn't go well?" Ava asks.

"It wasn't as good as I had hoped, but It was a lot better than I expected" Pina says.

"Ahhh, hope for the best and expect the worst. That's a good mindset for a leader Princess" Duran comments.

"Thank you, Your Majesty" Pina bows her head to Duran.

"Then why's the sad face?" Ava asks.

"The terms are generous and...reasonable, but I'm in doubt of my ability to follow it through" Pina explains.

"Politics aren't an easy game to play, but it is the pain a leader must go through to lead their people, Your Highness" Duran says.

"I understand, I just don't like it" Pina replies.

"Well I got just the thing that might cheer you up" Ava says as she picks up the ordering pad and input a drink name.

"One Pina Colada for...erm...Princess Pina Co Lada?" the waitress has a big confused look on her face while she's leaving after putting down the drink.

"You have a drink named after me?" Pina says with a clear surprised face "It's a huge honor to have a delicacy name after you in the Empire".

"Sorry but no, Pina Colada origin is uncertain but the earliest known appearance dated back in the 19th century on Earth. The recipe is ancient, and has been around for over a thousand years now" Ava watch Pina takes a sip and continues "When I first heard your name, I was surprised too but the 'Colada' of the drink is without space and your name is with a space 'Co Lada'. Pina Colada in Spanish is strained pineapple".

"This tastes so good, Commander, can I bring the recipe back with me?" Pina continues sipping her drink.

"Sure, I'll print it out for you but I'm not sure your world would have the ingredients for it" Ava says then she turns to look at Viktor "So how have you been? Exciting for this new mission?".

"I'm fine, Commander, this mission is going to be a challenge but I like challenges" Viktor replies.

"Challenge? Didn't you do this sort of thing all the time?" Ava asks.

"Yes, but this time it is different. In the past, before deployment, there would be time to familiarize myself with the political system and culture of the nation that I was going to infiltrate and we had hundreds of years to study all the known races in the galaxy, I would be going in knowing exactly what I need to do, mostly. The Saderan Empire is a new culture and their political system is an unknown to us so I'm going in blind" Viktor explains "Plus they have no technology at all, which make my job a lot harder as I can't just simply hack their personal database and get the information I want".

"Don't worry Special Agent Volkov, I will do anything in my power to help you with your missions" Pina says.

"I'm counting on that, Your Highness, and please call me Viktor".

"And you can call me Pina, I won't let you down Viktor. It's for my benefit as well as yours" Pina replies.

The secretary walks to King Duran and informs him that it is time to meet with the President. He stands up and bows slightly then starts following her to the Oval Office.