Chapter 48: "Priority: Irony"

A/N: I think wattpad was regional locked me, I had to look for a VPN to be able to get on again haha.

--Major Carter's location, Rondel--

Ashley's squad is fast moving in the alley towards the fighting, she uses the TACNet to order a SIF to stay behind and protect the councilwoman. As soon as they turn the corner, the SIFs open fire on the conjured plants and the mages. Their bullets pierce right through the rubble and plant barriers that the mages put up killing them instantly. As the mages die, Kaian is able to break free from the roots.

"Get up there and help the major!" Ashley gives the order to Kaian.

He leaps forwards, using a pile of rubbles to jump up and through the window behind major Carter. With his pistol, Kaian shoots the plants that are rushing towards colonel O'Niell then stab the head of his spear into the floor. His eyes glow and a field of golden energy expands to cover the whole room, killing any hostile it touches.

The SIFs take position and start shooting at the rest of the hostiles inside of the house. As a trained reflex, they put the shields up against the SIFs when their people start dying but it is futile. None of them are left standing in just under a minute. The plants drop and return to their natural state as soon as the last mage dies.

"Thank you, LC" major Carter says over the comms.

"No problem, major, how's the colonel?" Ashley replies.

Carter looks over to where Kaian is checking on O'Niell "He's still unconscious, so what's the plan?".

"Our medic will get him back on his feet and you come with us to the library, our mission is to take that barrier down so we can evac our people." Ashley says as she forward the plan to Carter via TACNet.

"Copy that" Carter replies.

Ashley looks over to the medic "how long will it takes?" she asks.

"Depend on his condition, ma'am, but it's 10 top" the medic answers.

"Alright, get to work" she orders.

--GIA's safehouse, Rondel—

Shelly pulls anther nail out of the messenger's finger, blood pour out and the pain make him screams out loud. UNE's advance medical technology allows her to torture this man as painful as possible without killing.

"Where is your master? Where is Lynk?" She shouts over the explosive noise from outside "Tell me and this will end, we will grand you a quick painless death!".

She gets ready to pull another nail from his finger.

"Stop...I...I'll tell you, just make it stop" he begs, crying and barely could form his sentence.

Shelly put the pliers down and pick up a syringe. It contains a drug that will kill the victim fast, while making them feel relax and peaceful.

"Tell me and this will be yours" she says.

"The Southeast slums, in the abandoned old temple of Minerva, it's a crowded area so you can't use your destructive magic against him" he replies.

"Is he alone?" Shelley continues asking.

The man cough "there are others that are with him".

"What is he planning?" she asks.

"To destroy Rondel for what they did to our people" the man replies, there's a hint of anger in his voice.

"How's he going to do that? He's going to kill the people and turn them into the walking dead, isn't he?" she asks.

"Look around you, can't you hear it? It's already happening. Now kill me!" he says.