Part One [Chapter One]

Little boys who walked the paved way in the snow. Two little boys who had thick jackets on, the other had a hat covering his face down to the ear.

"Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan! Let's play in the snow!"

"Okay, We'll play."

The boy giggled happily as he pulled his friend into the snow. They've known each other since birth, knowing their parents are close friends as well. The boy gathered snow and threw it at the other who flinched in surprise.

"Hahaha! Lan Zhan! Come on, fight back!"

"Okay, Wei Ying".

The lad bent down and gathered a ball of snow before throwing it at the others' face. The little boy fell to the ground due to the impact, the lad was surprised and was quick to a panic as he rushed towards the other.

"Wei Ying! Are you okay?"

No response, he grew even more worried. Not until a loud 'boo' surprised him, the other laughing at him hysterically.

"Hahahaha! Lan Zhan! You looked so cute!"

"Don't scare me like that again, Wei Ying."

"I'm sorry I'm sorry!"

The lad can only let out a sigh before standing up and giving out a hand.

"Come on, Wei Ying."

"Mhm!"

The young boy took his hand and stood up before he hugged the lad tightly.

"Lan Zhan!"

The lad could only let out a smile before hugging the other back.

"Yes, Wei Ying."

Giggles erupted from the young boy who hugged the lad even tighter.

"Tomorrow! Let's play in the snow again, for your birthday!"

"Will always play in the snow with Wei Ying."

"Then promise me, forever that we'll play in the snow and that we'll always celebrate birthdays together!"

"I promise."

"Then promise me that Lan Zhan will always be my Bestfriend and that Lan Zhan will never ever ever! Never ever leave me."

"I promise, Wei Ying."

"Then I promise too!"

The young boy beamed at him as they intertwined hands.

"Let's go back now then."

"Mn! Let's go!"

The two young boys walked back, walking on the paved way with laughs and giggles coming from the pair.

They were five back then.

The next morning, the familiar young boy stood at the gates of the Lan House with a gift in hand, accompanied by his cousin who looked like a grumpy lotus. The gate was opened by a taller boy who had a smile on his face.

"Huan-gege! We're here to celebrate Lan Zhans' birthday!"

"Come in, Wei Ying, Jiang Cheng."

The boy beamed at the smiling gege who lead them both inside. The lad came down the stairs dressed up in a polo shirt and blue jumpers. The young boy beamed as he ran and hugged the lad who hugged him back tightly.