Part Four [Chapter Four]

It was a big crowd but Lan Zhan stood out. He watched as people started to flock towards the stage when the curtains lifted. He could see Wei Ying adjusting his guitar as he leaned on the mic. Holding a bouquet of flowers in his hand as he waited for them to perform. Wei Ying joined a band where he was the main vocalist and guitarist, Nie Huaisang on the piano, Jin Zixuan on the bass and Jiang Cheng on the drums. Wei Ying looked at the crowd when he saw those glasses and golden eyes. A smile on his face as he now closed his eyes and leaned closer to the mic. The instruments started playing as the crowd cheered for them.

"The way you move is like a full on rainstorm... And I'm a house of cards~"

Wei Ying opened his silver eyes and stared at Lan Zhan as he strummed on his guitar.

"You're the kind of reckless that should send me running,
But I... Kinda know that I won't get far~"

Wei Wuxian grinned happily.

"And you stood there in front of me just~ Close enough to touch~"

Holding unto the mic as he closed his eyes.

"Close enough to hope you couldn't see~ What I was thinking of!~"

He started jumping on the stage.

"Drop everything now!~ Meet me in the pouring rain~"

The crowd cheered loudly but Wei Ying stared at Lan Zhan.

"Kiss me on the sidewalk~ Take away the pain... 'Cause I see, sparks fly~ Whenever you smile~"

Lan Zhan felt his heart stop beating when he heard those lyrics. The stage lights started dancing with the crowd.

"Get me with those gold eyes, baby~ As the lights go down~"

Wei Ying bobbed his head as sweat started to form on his face.

"Gimme something that'll haunt me whenever you're not around!~ 'Cause I see, sparks fly~ Whenever you smile~"

The crowd cheered louder as the music dominated the whole place. Wei Ying once again holding unto the mic.

"Your mind forgets to remind you, I'm a bad idea~ You touch me once and it's really something...~ You find I'm even better than you!~ Imagined I would be~"

He looked at Lan Zhan ever so lovingly with those silver eyes being covered by his bangs.

"I'm on my guard for the rest of the world... But with you I know its no good~"

Puting his hand in his guitar as a wild lip lick appeared.

"And I could wait patiently
But~ I really wish you would!~"

Jiang Cheng banged on the drums loudly, making the crowd cheer even louder like their throats are about to lock.

"Drop everything now!~ Meet me in the pouring rain!~"

Flashlights from phones started to illuminate the place but Lan Zhan stayed still and expressionless, though in his heart, everything stopped.

"Kiss me on the sidewalk~ Take away the pain!~ 'Cause I see, sparks fly~ Whenever you smile~"

Wei Ying blew a kiss to the crowd.

"Get me with those gold eyes, baby~ As the lights go down~"

Lan Zhan clutched on his heart as he felt heat creep unto his cheeks, eyes watery and heart in mayhem.

"Gimme something that'll haunt me when you're not around~ 'Cause I see, sparks fly~ Whenever you smile!~"