Part Six [Chapter Six]

It's already September and the leaves have turned orange, yet Lan Zhan laid still on the bed. He was so pale and so skinny, all bones shown under his skin. Wei Ying entered the room with Lan Huan following behind, he wanted to cry his eyes out of it's sockets. He let out a shaky breath before walking over and sitting on the hospital bed, Lan Zhan glancing over to him.

"Lan Zhan... I'm here..."

"Wei Ying..."

Everyday Wei Ying visited him, he saw how much he changed. It hurt his feelings but his love still strong for his lover.

"Are you feeling fine...? Do you need anything, love...?"

"No... Just Wei Ying..."

Wei Ying wipes his tear before he laid down and hugged his lover.

"Lan Zhan..."

"Wei Ying... Do not cry... Please smile..."

Wei Ying forced out a small smile before he snuggled in Lan Zhans' collar.

"Lan Zhan... I'm going to light lanterns tonight..."

"Mn... I'm sorry I can't go with you..."

"It's okay, love... I'm wishing for your recovery..."

"Will Gege accompany you...?"

Lan Zhan glanced at Lan Huan who just smiled at the corner.

"If A-Zhan wants me to accompany A-Ying."

"Please do... Gege..."

"Mhm."

Wei Ying inhaled before he started humming.

"Your skin...~ Oh yeah your skin and bones...~"

Lan Zhan knows this song. He closed his eyes before he gave a kiss on Wei Yings' forehead.

"Turn into something beautiful...~"

Wei Ying kissed Lan Zhan on the lips.

"Do you know...?~ You know I love you so...~"

"You know I love you so...~"

Wei Ying gave a smile before he caressed Lan Zhans' cheek.

"My Lan Zhan... My love... I love you so much... Please fight..."

"I will..."

"My Love... I'm still going to marry you... Okay?"

"Mn... Don't be afraid Wei Ying..."

"Lan Zhan... I can't..."

"Wei Ying..."

Lan Zhan intertwined their hands.

"Wei Ying... Dear Sweetheart... Today... Tomorrow and Forever... I'll be together with you... It's because I love you and will always... I'll keep my promises... I love you..."

Wei Ying shook his head before he kissed Lan Zhan, the lad returning the favor.

"I'll always run back to you, love..."

Lan Zhan pulled Wei Ying close. He loves the way he smell. He didn't smell like the hospital, he smelled like home. He saw his bracelet glowing a bright blue, indicating that Wei Ying was pressing his. He smiled.

That night, Lan Huan and Wei Ying were by the river when they released two wishing lanterns in the sky. Lan Huan watched as Wei Ying closed his eyes and wished. He watched as a lone tear left his eyes, he instinctively wiped it away. Wei Ying was startled but he let out a chuckle.