Part Three [Chapter Three]

Wei Ying sat on Lan Zhans' bed as the lad was sitting by the desk, doing homework on a weekend afternoon. He fiddled with the black rabbit that laid on Lan Zhans' bed, he was so happy that Lan Huan told him Lan Zhan snuggled with the rabbit every night. Wei Ying stared at Lan Zhans' wrist that had both bracelet and white ribbon, he was so happy to see him wearing every gift he gave him. He sat up and walked over to him.

"Lan Zhan, are you still busy?"

"If you're not then it's best if you do your homework now too."

"I can do it when I get home! Right now I'm so bored."

Wei Ying sat on the chair besides Lan Zhan, he laid on his palm while he stared at Lan Zhan who wore glasses while writing. His golden eyes not even moving from the pages of paper scattered on the neat desk. He saw a music note by the end of the table, he stretched out his hand and took the little notepad.

"Wei Ying."

"What? You know I'm interested in music. I didn't know you were also a composer!"

Wei Ying grinned at him, the lad just letting out a breath, not even bothering to stop him anymore. Wei Ying scanned through the pages, all notes were cleaned and replaced when he saw the final output.

"Mind if I try and play it?"

"You have your flute?"

"Of course! I never leave my dear Chenqing behind."

Lan Zhan had an unimpressed impression on his face. Wei Ying took the black flute out as he neared it to his mouth, momentarily glancing at the music notes as he began blowing on the instrument. Lan Zhan had stopped writing, moving his chair to listen to the performance. A concert only available for him and him alone. The tune and the melody was so beautiful, it was just a simple song but for them it sounded so beautiful. Lan Zhan couldn't take his eyes off of Wei Ying who performed whole heartedly, the harmony filling the room with warmth and love and longing. It was so beautiful. After the song, Wei Ying beamed at Lan Zhan.

"Lan Zhan! I love the song! What's the name? I like it very much!"

Lan Zhan took his glasses off and ruffled his damp hair.

"WangXian."

"WangXian?"

Wei Ying let out a giggle.

"I like it!"

"Then... You promise shouldn't play it for someone other than me."

"Of course! I'll always keep my promise for Lan Zhan!"

"Mn."

They were Thirteen back then.

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan were at the middle school rooftop. They're at their last year as seniors. They sat next to eachother, a picnic blanket they sat on. The sun was high up while they stayed at the covered area. They just finished eating lunch.

"It's so sad that they demolished the castle. My drawings went to waste."

"Not to waste."

"Lan Zhan, I've been wondering..."

"Hm?"

"I always see our parent's being all touchy touchy with each other and it gives me bad vibes but at the same time it's nice seeing them like that."

"What do you mean?"

"Like when they like hug each other and you know kiss."

Lan Zhans' ears burned red.