1 | Rogues

Trigger Warning | This chapter includes war, death, and injuries. If you are are triggered and/or sensitive to any of these themes, please do not read.

_________________________

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖔𝖑𝖉 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖚𝖓𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊.

Snow was falling off my wings, melting because of the brightness. Though the sun's warmth always followed Celestials wherever they went the harsh cold still made its way to my ribs. It felt like I was dead, a ghost in the middle of it all simply there for entertainment. It felt as if this was so unimaginable that I wasn't even there. It was a dream.

A fragment of my imagination.

My fingers brushed the snow as I struggled to stand. My boots dripping with melted ice and hail. I looked down at the floor. The harsh cold winds hugged my face as my tears slightly warmed my cheeks.

"Mother".

The only words I can think of. Where is my mother?

________

9 Years Later

________

The horns blew beautifully as the Celestial princess stepped down onto the balcony. Her skinny fingers waved slowly through the pastel gloves and soon moved to her mouth as she blew a kiss to the crowd. In the air or not, the crowd cheered and laughed in joy at the sight of her.

And as much I was I wanted to say I was, that princess isn't me.

I am Aura Aurelia, and I am a Celestial Blood raised to fight for my kingdom. Or at least that's how I'm supposed to introduce myself.

I've kind of been lost for the early moments of my life. My memory is blurry and all my "young life" is the war.

Just the war. No memories. Just blood.

My parents were just ghosts to me. I don't know anything about them or anyone connected to them. Except my aunt, who probably isn't really my aunt. All I had was my brother. Who, of course, lost his life. He's the only person I knew I could possibly trust. And all I remember now is his dead body laying there. And I couldn't do anything about it.

My life now is slightly brighter though. I live in the highest Celestial Blood Kingdom. Well the second-highest. The highest kingdom of my blood is The Kingdom Of Ethereal Beings. Or just the Ethereal Kingdom. A place that's shinier than any piece of jewelry you can find. The complete definition of luxury. I haven't been inside but I bet everything in there is made of Ice or something.

But expelling my foolish thoughts, today was Princess Hyah's crowning. The day she would be crowned as the current princess of the Syolian Kingdom. I spent hours standing next to a guard waiting for Hyah to get ready. It's annoying having to stand still for that long but I guess it's okay as long as I'm making money.

Her dress was a beautiful floral design of roses, her wings had cute bows with the exact same design and her jewelry an amazing silver with a ruby topping it off. All that's left is the crown, which will be placed by Queen Adelina.

A sigh of relief escaped a guard's mouth and I turned in confusion. After staring at the guard, I leaned forward a little and saw red smoke.

Rogues.

Sweat begun to roll down my face but a strong arm clenched mine and it was my strict aunt Firya redirecting me to look more "feminine" and "proper". But that smoke meant attack. I know it.

"Firya-, I mean Auntie. There's-" I stuttered. "STAND straight, young lady." she hissed. I stood worried as Hyah entered the balcony. Her heel softly brushed the red carpet as her white teeth shined onto the many Celestials on the ground. And then Queen Adelina entered as well, the gorgeous crown on a small velvet pillow. The moment was amazing until a middle-aged guard yelled from afar.

"THE ROGUES. THEY'RE HERE."

_______~~~~~~~_______

PRONUNCIATIONS
_____

Aura - OR-A
Aurelia - A-reel-e-ah
Firya - Fur-ya
Hyah - Hi-yah
Syolian - Soul-lee-ann
Adelina - Add-ell-ly-na

_____

Thank you for reading!

Collab with ZHONGLISQUEEN

BLASTEDFANTASIES