3 | The Fair

_______________

𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑦𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑙𝑦.

I looked up at her, attempting to give her the same attitude but of course didn't work. Her stare was like lasers going through your body.

It was five days after the Rogue attack and the Rogues lost, but there was still damage to our kingdom. Hyah's crowning was postponed to tomorrow and Aunt Firya punished me by making me flip through every page one by one of the longest book in the kingdom. "The History Of The Celestials : The Generations And Ages". 1760 pages. Of pure reading. It's a terrible punishment, there's nothing worse than boredom.

"And you better stop hanging out with that..Cruz or whatever her name is" Friya mumbled. "It's Crix." I said. Friya looked down at me and rolled her eyes.

________

I turned my last page and clapped my hands. "WOO! Finally." I said relieved. Friya shook her head and said, "You still have "The Celestial Gem" and "History of The Unknown" to go.". My smile quickly faded. "I think that's enough for her Miss Firya." said a loyal maid, Bigira. Firya turned to Bigira and sighed. She signaled me to leave her grand room and I did so happily.

I roamed the amazing castle, which was quiet since everyone stayed in their rooms while the maids prepared dinner. I stared blankly at the paintings on the walls. People with unimaginable amounts of make-up on and beautiful wings in the back. Where are these people now?

<~~~———~~~>

The town was lively and honestly happy. It was a small celebration of the Celestials defeating the Rogues in their recent attack, and almost everyone I knew was there. Dancing townspeople, the smell of sweets for bakeries and the shine of Celestial and fairy wings. Finally I kind of felt safe. Safe from the weird flashbacks I've had.

Well not safe for long.

Suka's Diamond Bakery. It was my brother's favorite. From what I remember, one week before the war he took me here to introduce me to the banana bread they had. God, I hated bananas, but I still tried it because, well, he wanted me to. He protected me for as long as he could, but of course, it failed. I entered the bakery where Suka's youngest son Draven sat nervously at the front desk.

"Oh! Uh-. Hey....um." he stuttered. I giggled a bit and replied "Aura. It's Aura.". He took out a note-pad with a cute unicorn doodle as the cover and a pen with the same unicorn design on it. "Ok, Aura. Aura...Celestial. Uhhh...." he told himself. I waited. The place surprisingly looked good as new for something that has been around for so long. "Banana Bread." I whispered.

"I'll have the banana bread."

____________________

The soft banana bread was stuffed in my jacket pocket. I roamed the streets that had many tables and people. I walked right past Aunt Firya and I pretended to not notice as she chatted with another storeowner. I came across a small house that had a small cafe on the bottom floor. I took out my pair of keys and unlocked it. After that, I quickly dashed up the stairs hoping Aunt Firya didn't notice my messy black hair. After opening the door I was greeted by Crix.

"Didn't expect you to show up. You know, cause your aunt and stuff." she said, giggling. I sighed. "I could care less, is Alex here? And Kwwen! Where's Kwwen?" I said. Crix smirked and said "Hmm, so I guess you're ~excited~ to see Alex huh?". I pushed Crix out of the way and peeked inside. "Kwwen! Alex! Crimson! Kyal, Gyenn! And...."

Fern?

________________________

PRONUNCIATIONS

_______

Bigira - By-ger-ah

Kwwen - Kah-wen

Kyal - Kah-yal

Gyenn - Gah-yen

Draven - Dray-ven OR Drah-ven

________________________________

Collab with ZHONGLISQUEEN

BLASTEDFANTASIES