2 | Escape

Trigger Warning | This chapter includes battles (kinda war). If you are sensitive and/or triggered by any of these things please don't read.

_________________

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑜𝑠 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑎𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒.

Some hid in the trees while others prepared their staffs for battle. Me, Hyah, Firya, and the Queen were ordered to enter the castle for safety. Guards were splayed out across the halls being ordered by those with higher roles on when to attack. The four of us were brung to our rooms which were locked by maids.

I sat on my bed, worried. Everything went from Hyah's happy crowning to a Rogue attack.

Attack. No. Don't remember. Don't remember. Just stay in reality Aura. Everything is okay.
Is what I wanted to tell myself but I couldn't help but flashback to that time of my life.

_______________

I continued to run. Run until I got to the point where I couldn't run anymore. As a child, I couldn't do anything. Just go until all of this war nonsense ended. Run until I found the truth about everything I wanted to find the truth about.

Run until I find my brother.

The snow began to pile up on my face. It got harder to see, run, just function in general. But I had to keep going it was my destiny. I kneeled on the ground, accepting my fate.

"Get up, Aura. It is time."

I tried my best to look up. To see. Something brighter than the sun, brighter than any Celestial. I believed that I was saved.

"It's time..."

_____________

" Miss Aurelia! We need to escort the kingdom immediately! The Rogues are finding their way inside." a guard shouted from my door that was now unlocked. I jumped in realization and patted down my dress before heading with the guards to the emergency exit. Multiple Celestials were also there, begging to be let out to escape the raid of Rogues.

I began to float, making sure that my feet weren't too far from the ground but making sure it was enough to ensure my safe flight. I remember the five rules of flight my brother told me.

Make sure your feet are off the ground.
Don't go fast unless absolutely necessary.
Using a staff during flight can allow your power to deactivate so only do it if necessary.
Always make sure you know where you're going.
And don't bump into Diamond Bloods.

But I had no time to think about beginner flight rules, I had to get away. Aunt Firya caught up to me and began to yell while flying alongside me. "WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT-" she screamed. I've had enough. I swerved gracefully into a tree, making her think I had accidentally crashed. But I had raised above the trees and landed farther away from the trail.

The woods always would scare me but once I've learned more about Cosmos Bloods it's like second nature. I could hear Firya screaming my name from afar but right now I couldn't deal with it.

The flashbacks, the rogues, my brother, Firya. It's all just makes me sick.

Sometimes I wish I were a mixed blood. Someone worshipped by everyone and  gets everything they want. Doesn't have to worry about losing their family, or aunts, or brothers.

_______

But at the same time, I hate the mixed bloods. They did not help at all in the war. Of course they didn't. All that power and they don't even care to help us fight. But maybe they did. And I didn't know.

It's not like I remember anyway.

________

"Oh, sweetie come in!" said Opal, a kind, old Cosmo blood with a small cabin near my kingdom. "Here have tea sweetheart!". I drank the peppermint tea as she had wanted. Her eldest daughter, Crix, had entered. "Oh hey Aura. Rogue attack huh?" Crix scoffed. I nodded and rubbed my head. Crix signaled for me to come outside and I followed. "So Aura, the squad had been wanting to tell you this but,

We're planning to kill the Rogue King."

______________

Pronunciations

Crix - Ca-rix

_____

Info

Cosmo Blood - Elves
Mixed Blood - Hybrid of two bloods

_____

Collab with ZHONGLISQUEEN

BLASTEDFANTASIES