6 | Broken Sunshine

___________

I stood in front of the cafe

taking deep breaths. I'm about to meet Fern, and talk. Ok, I can do this. I walked inside, looking for her messy hair and multi-colored eyes. I saw a hand that was Fern's exact same skin color go up in the air. I looked around and there she was. Wearing a nice black polka-dot dress with a nice necklace. I walked over to her table and smiled. "Hey. Honestly didn't think you would show up." she laughed. I laughed as well in response. "I of course made time for this." I replied. She nodded, sipping her sparkling water. My heart began to beat faster as she stared at me. "So uh, what-. I mean, how are you?" I said. She laughed and said "I'm doing fine as long as you're around.". I blushed. "Same for you. Uh. So-" I stuttered, struggling to get my words out. She giggled while preparing her order for the waiter. "You're still the same stuttering mess as before." she said.

After a long afternoon of talking and laughing, we both left.

"See you later." Fern said, smirking at me. I nodded quickly and looked away. She stared at me confused. "Can we..meet again? I need to tell you something." I whispered. Fern nodded and hugged me. As she walked off into the distance I remember the time where she was taken away from the woods. And I looked down in guilt.

_______________

As Selena drank the green tea, she began to tear up. "I killed so many of them." she sighed. Ms. Opal's eyes widened. Selena placed her hand over her mouth, looking deep into the mug. "K-Killed who? Who are you talking about?" Ms. Opal cried. Selena shook her head.

"I have to go,"

Selena said, leaving the table and placing a napkin she had used back down. Selena attempted to say a couple more words but couldn't. As she looked down she bumped into Crix unexpectedly.

"Selena! Wh-What happened to you?"

________________

As I stared down at the dish, I looked up to see Hyah staring right at me. "So, King Hal, we are looking forward to allying with your kingdom." said King Albus, picking at his food while somehow smiling at King Hal. Hal nodded and smiled also. The cushions on the seats were extremely uncomfortable, so I constantly shifted around in my seat uncomfortably. "Well, I think that should be enough for today, it is a pleasure to meet you again King Hal." King Albus said, as he rises from the table and was followed by guards to the exit of the Syolian castle. Hyah shook her head and I stared blankly as Albus's seat. Allies?

_____________

As I stood at the place where I asked to meet Fern I rubbed my eyes. It was so early in the morning but I knew most of the townspeople would be inside taking care of early-bird kids or just sleeping. But instead of Fern I was met with a note. "Aura Aurelia. Such a young soul.". I flipped the note around and it had some kind of address.

Slightly afraid that someone knew I was going to arrive here, I ran away. Back to the Syolian palace. I knew it would be so stupid for me to miss out on that thing I had planned with Fern, but I was scared, and I picked my life over talking with a rogue.

_____________

Fern arrived to the small spot Aura had invited to her to, but to her surprise Aura was nowhere to be found. "Aura? Is this some kind of surprise?" she yelled. Each time she did not get a response she screamed Aura's name louder. But of course, no response. After calling her name a 5th time, she stopped and looked down. "She wouldn't just do that right?" Fern whispered to herself. Fern looked down to see the white feathers left behind by Aura's wings. When Fern suddenly realized, her eyes widened.

"That sick idiot. He's gonna kidnap her!"

________

The next day, I went to the address on the note. I knew I shouldn't have but I couldn't help but be curious about what would happen if I arrived. It looked like a storage building, and as I entered it became extremely dark. "Hello? It's Aura! I'm here!" I yelled. No answer. Something smelt burnt so I explored the building, using my phone flashlight as my source of light. Suddenly I heard footsteps coming from somewhere.

I ran to investigate until I was held back randomly. My mouth was covered by a rag as a man who randomly cane from the darkness laughed. "This is the one. Tch." one said from behind me. I struggled and held tightly onto their arms but I couldn't escape. "Don't worry, you're taking a little nap."

And with that, I passed out.

_________________

PRONUNCIATIONS
_________

Albus-AL-bus

_______________

Collab with ZHONGLISQUEEN

BLASTEDFANTASIES