Tall tales

Future Jo Wilson point of view.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. No texts, no calls, no anything. I tried going to his house, but he wasn't there. I knew Link didn't leave sense we worked on the same patient, but he's just acting like I don't exist. And right now the one thing he needs most, is some friends and family. I tried texting him to meet me at the loft, but he never responded. So here I am drinking a soda on the coach with Alex, while staring at my wedding ring.

"Do you think he's with Amelia?" I asked, I was genuinely worried for Links health, with what happened to Elizabeth and Andrew he needs all the help he can get. Alex shook his head and put a hand gently on my shoulder. "Right now, I think you need to focus on your crap. Your still hurting. Right now your the focus." I put the soda can on the coaster and hugged him. What would I do without him?

He snuggled his chin into my neck, I laughed. He always did that when he hugged me. All of a sudden I beard a bing. I groaned as I got out of the hug with Alex and grabbed my phone.

One New message: Atticus Lincoln.

Wait he actually responded. "Who is it?" Alex asked, slightly annoyed as he looked around the room. "Link." Alex nodded and slumped further into the coach.

Atticus Lincoln:  Sorry Jo. Busy today probably tomorrow, you should tell Alex about your thing, before he finds out about it.

Oh my God, I nearly forgot to tell Alex.  I was just so stressed with all that been going on, I just didn't find the time to make the words into a sentence and tell him. Happy that he finally responded I sent him a text.

You: I will, so I guess I'll you see tomorrow. You drink, I don't?

I waited a second until I heard another bing.

Atticus Lincoln: yes, see you then.

I smiled as I put the phone down. I then turned to Alex. Now or never.  "Alex I need to tell you something." He sat up straight and gave me his full attention. "Yeah, what is it." He looked slightly nervous. I just hoped this would work out. "I'm pregnant."

Elizabeth Lincoln point of view.

It has been a week sense I saw Jo and met Andrew. I was sadly unable to go to Joe's bar with them because of an emergency teen pregnancy I had to handle. And she just never found time to reschedule, either Link had an ortho surgery, Jo had something in general, Alex had a peds patient that wanted him to stay, or Deluca had some intern thing he had to do. Of course, I still found time in my day to talk with them.

I eat lunch with Jo, Deluca, and Alex. I was getting to know Alex, and I just already know he is the perfect man for Jo. Paul could never.

As I was walking down the obgyn part of the hospital I ran right into Deluca. "Hey I was looking for you." He said, while he had a huge smile on his face. I laughed and shook my head. "Well you have found me, congrats." I said, while I patted his shoulder and kept walking. He laughed as he turned around and started to walk with me."so I was wondering if, on Friday  you wanted to go to Joe's bar with me and meet Sam?" He asked, looking slightly nervous.

I just have one question. Who the hell is Sam? His brother? No he only has a sister, Carina, who is a friend of mine and also an obgyn. His boyfriend? I'm 90% sure that he is straight, but I guess you never know. So maybe he's a cousin of his?

"Who's Sam?" I feel like that the most important question here. Andrew laughed and said. "Oh I guess I forgot to tell you, Sam's my girlfriend." Sam. I'm assuming that's short for Samantha. I never knew he had a girlfriend. After he said yes, he left and told me he'd see me Friday.... I guess I'm meeting Sam.