The beginning

Elizabeth pov
It's been a month. A month of dating Andrew Deluca. A month of home dates where he would teach me how to cook and not burn the house down. A month of game nights with him, Jo, Link, Alex, Amelia, Meredith, and April. And it's been wonderful.

I've been starting to hang out with Carina, she's been trying to teach me italian so I could surprise Andrew. Just a heads up, it's been going absolutely terrible. I'm lucky Carina is extremely patient, but I just can't do it.

To put it all in words things have been going surprisingly great. Today after work Andrew wanted to go do this double date sounding thing with Jo and Alex. It is apparently something he planned with Alex to surprise me and Jo. All I have to do is get pass the day and I'll be ready to you.

"Well Dr. Lincoln, it's so great to you." Theresa said smiling ear to ear. It's been a while since I last saw her. "Theresa, wonderful to see you. And hows the baby doing?" I asked,as I entered the room. "I think she's ready to come out, well I'm ready for her to come out." She said, with a little laugh. I smiled a little bit. "So what are you in here today?" I asked as I looked at her chart.

"Just a bit of stomach pain, nothing I'm not used to, but my mother wanted me to make sure nothing is wrong." She said, as she moved her hands around. She must be bored without her daughter Rose with her. "Alright I'll just check that for you and everything should be ok." I said, as I went to touch her belly she screamed out in pain.

I didn't even touch her yet, a nurse ran into the room to assist me if needed. "Theresa, what is it?" I asked, as I looked to see if I can find anything that may have caused her pain. Then I saw it. The red stain. Which of course could mean multiple things, but mainly. Miscarriage.

I would say the hardest thing about being an obgyn is when the babies die, yes it's terrible when the mother dies. But when the baby dies, you just know that the mother also died, not physically but she might as well. You would think as a doctor you would get used to this kind of thing. But truth is, you never do.

No matter how many people you have lost, every single one makes an impression on your life. Theresa was one of those people. She was a strong single mother who was raising a daughter. And now, now she's gone.

Here I am feeling sorry for myself just laying in my bed crying. Sometimes it's good just to break down and cry, it shows that your human. Then I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

"Hey it's me. Link let me in." I heard Andrew's voice on the other side of the door. "Can I come in?" "Yeah." The door opened and there was Andrew, standing there with a bag on his arm. "So I heard what happened, and I thought to make you feel better I would bring some homemade food and some movies." I shuffled a little bit and went from laying in the bed, to sitting on top of the covers.

"So what do you got?" I asked, trying to move a tear from my face. "Well for food we have some..." And he went over the long list of comfort food and movies he brought. Movies like The Princess Bride, Avenger's, and even some titles I have never heard of.

It just really made me feel loved, which isn't a feeling I've ever really had