If you love her

A few months later
Elizabeth lincoln pov.

"Lighter colors look better." Carina pointed out looking around the room. She grabbed on of the colors pallets we grabbed from Lowes and put it against the wall. "I think I agree with Lizzie, light blue is the better option." I jumped and threw my hands in the air. "Ha! I told you!" I exclaimed, I probably looked really dumb, but I didn't really care at the moment. Andrew shook his head and just laughed. "I'm gonna ask Link to pick up some later, he's in town anyway." I said, as I grabbed my phone to text him.

Buying a house with Andrew was definitely a huge step. It wasn't something I really thought about, I knew I wasn't going to live with Link forever. I went into the kitchen, still has nothing in it, but you have to get all the painting done to make it completely a home. A few minutes later Andrew strolled in a huge smile on his face. "So are you excited about this?" He asked, looking around the room. I nodded. "Oh yeah just you and me. Don't have to worry about my brother anymore."

He laughed. "That's a plus, I hated having to worry about him accidently walking in." That wasn't at all where I expected that conversation to go. "That wasn't what I meant, Andrew. Get you head  of the gutter." I said, slapping his arm. He laughed and wrapped on of his arms around my waist, pulling me into a slight hug. "Come posso resistere quando sei così bella" (how can I resist when your so beautiful) What? I had Carina work with me in speaking italian, but I still have issues with full sentences and like everything else.

"I had no idea what you just said to me." He laughed, fully proud of himself. "I guess I'm going to have to teach you more italian aren't I." He replied.

"Okay, birds of love." Carina said, announcing her presence. Birds of love? "Don't you mean love birds?" I asked, slightly moving away from Andrew. Instead he just pulled me closer to the point I was basically leaning on him. "Dumb american phrases." She mumbled. She sighed, before gathering all her thoughts together. "So we can paint tomorrow? Meaning that we can bring everything else in later in the week." Carina, always on top of plains. I nodded. "yeah, painting shouldn't take too long , Link agreed to help and bring a few of his buddies." Carina smiled, happy to have some help.

"Well, I'll see you enjoy your night out." Carina said, getting ready to leave. What? Night out? I wasn't going anywhere tonight? "Night out, I didn't know I was going out tonight." Andrew looked embrassed and Carina looked disappointed. "He didn't ask you yet? I mean he got reservations for tonight and everything." Now she was just glaring at Andrew. "I couldn't find the right time." He paused before looking at me. "Hey wanna go to the new restaurant tonight, it's the really fancy place?" He asked, probably just trying to please Carina. "I would love to, but more notice would have been better." He smiled as Carina just shook her head.

"non tirarti indietro." (Don't back down) she said to Andrew. They only talked italian around me if their fighting, I just knew she was probably making fun of him. "Non lo farò" (I won't) he said in response. She smiled and then left. "Well as much as I'd love to stay with you. I have to get ready because someone asked me out extremely last minute." He laughed as he gave me a kiss on the cheek.

After a few hours of getting ready Andrew was at the door to pick me up. I surprised Andrew even got a reservation here, you always have to call like months in advance. We where sat at one of the outside tables, which was nice for a summer night. Just the right amount of breeze. The entire dinner Andrew looked nervous as hell, which was confusing. Why would he be nervous? It wasn't like this was our first date. The whole night he just really weird small talk. It was when we where getting ready to leave is when I understood what was happening.

"Hey give me a second as I tie my shoes." I nodded, turning away to talk to the waiter. When I looked back Andrew was down on one kneel with a ring in hand. "Elizabeth Lincoln. As cheesey as it sounds I fell in love with you the moment and met you. Everyday I fall even more in love with you will you marry me."