I am the Female Titan.

why does this have 1.3k reads

i feel bad for leaving it for so long
reading all the 'piecks_leftsock added ___ to their list' notifs made me feel unfunky SO YEAH

and honestly, i forgot what i was planning on writing so bear with me. I made reiner kinda bitchy in this story but he's hot daddy so imma give him a somewhat redemption arc at some point

anyways 

sorry for emo annie

Annie's POV

Armin had completely caved under me. He knew Reiner and I wouldn't budge. Speaking of Reiner, he's been pretty bitchy since Armin's been in the picture. I think he's on his period.

Reiner had a small tin in front of him and was filtering water through a ripped part of his old uniform while simultaneously trying to start a fire. We left Bertholdt back in the Paradis alone, and that was probably the worst course of action we could have taken. His titan isn't known for agility or combat like Reiner and I's. The worst thing we could have done, that's what we did. We've failed Marley. We need to get back before Pieck and Zeke arrive to let them know there's been a change of plan. This isn't right. The jaw titan is still missing and our resources are limited. We've taken away one of Paradis' lights in hopes that they'll crumble from the inside before they can reform and bite back. 

In all honesty, I really do not want to be doing this. All I have to fight for is a father who would never say "I love you" back. It's not like there's much for me in Paradis, either, but at least it's not the broken, filthy patriarchy that is Marley. I know Reiner needs to prove himself, but I'm ruining the life of a man who has done nothing but soothe mine. I dream of a cottage home, with a smile across my face; a genuine one at that. Blossomed flowers, maybe a horse or two, green grass, tall trees and someone who will love me. Someone who could give me that, right under me, that I'm flaunting at death's door. I'd never admit it, but a boy who makes me feel all fuzzy inside is who I need. I am the Female Titan, so I won't live much longer, but with my remaining time, I wish to not go into war, but to fade away quietly... happily. 

"A-Annie..." A croak from below me. Barely audible, but easy to decipher. I pressed my hand onto the back of his neck and mumbled a tense 'what'.
"P-please... we can talk this out, you and I." Armin said, turning his head and resting his cheek on the rock. Reiner had gone to the edge of the cave and was out of ear's range. "Annie, I-I don't know why you're doing this... and there's a lot to process, but I'm sure if you let me listen, I'll make your time worthwhile. I can't construct flying transport... it was but a project of my parents. I know you and Reiner will kill me if I don't comply, but i have people that care about me! Please don't take that away from me, Annie..." He sobbed, pressing his fingers against the floor. Of course, I didn't want to be in this situation. Despite my hostility, my heart still remains tender. He makes my stomach churn.

"Armin, even you of all people couldn't grasp this concept. It's not worth either of our time." I scoffed. His eyebrows discern and he flashes his watery eyes up at me.
"Annie." Armin repeated as he tried to free his fingers. I swallowed my gut and was taken back. If I didn't feel so strange around him, I would've broken his wrists by now. His pleading eyes hidden by his locks screamed betrayal. 

I pursed my lips and stood up off of him and stepped beside his grounded body. His face dropped as he realised he had free rein over his next few actions. I wasn't going to let him go, of course. I wasn't worried about him ratting, I was more concerned about the fact that he'd fucking die if he was out there alone. Not that I should care. 

He slowly turned over and pushed his back up. Reiner had his back to us and couldn't see, but he would surely knock Armin out if he heard any of this. Armin looked up at me and didn't utter a word, all he did was stare at the looming creature right behind me.