5

Rosaline

My body went cold as he stared at me, it felt as though he was staring into my soul. "I.. I.." The words couldn't come out, staring at the person who would bring my death had me frozen. His eyes twitched in annoyance which only scared me more. But then I remembered that I didn't need to be so scared, as long as I didn't piss him off he wouldn't have a problem with me. I took in a deep breath and stood up. "It's a pleasure too meet you, Elliot Ravenden. Excuse my rudeness earlier." He looked at me with a questioning expression and I slightly glanced up at him, hoping I hadn't messed things up. He looked down and noticed that I wasn't wearing my heels and I blushed slightly.

'How humiliating..'

"Your shoes?"

"Haha.. Well y'know the grass just felt so lovely but the heels where in the way." I chuckled while looking away hoping he wouldn't question me too much and thankfully he didn't. He looked at me with his usual blank expression then left, not even saying goodbye. 'Gosh, is this how he always is with Rosaline? How did she manage to love him for all those years?' I let out a big sigh and put on my heels. I decided to go back to my room since I'd rather not stumble into him again. But I couldn't deny, he was really handsome. The novel always made sure to mention his beauty and I could finally see why. That smooth chocolate brown skin, those silver eyes that were nearly white shining under the sun and that jet black hair that could suck you right in.

He was a true beauty and I wouldn't mind staring at his face a little longer. But I had better fix the way I react when I see him first, acting like that every time he comes into view could get me into a lot of trouble. I let out yet another sigh and walked down the hill. Not noticing that Elliot was watching me, questioning how I had been acting prior.

.

.

.

Elliot

I finished up my desk work while drinking my tea. I looked up only to see that my loyal knight Dagen Easton had entered my room. "Entering without asking? You've become quite bold." Dagen got shocked at my words and immediately started rambling. "Sorry, sorry, I can't believe I forgot! You can punish me anyway you-" I stopped him there since I knew that if I didn't stop him now he'd continue forever. "Calm down Dagen, I was merely joking. We've known each other far too long for me to punish you over something like that, or to punish you in general." I said with a chuckle. Dagen only frowned at my words, most likely mad that I'd joke like that. The guy's pretty stupid so I liked to play with him like this every once in awhile since his reactions were funny. "But why did you come here?"

His expression changed from a frown to something similar to excitement.

"Your fiancé lady Vladenburg has finally arrived and is getting a tour from the head butler." I made an obvious disgusted face which only made Dagen mad. "You shouldn't scowl like that over someone you soon will marry!"

"You know all to well how annoying she is, I can't help it." I said playfully while looking away only making Dagen more annoyed. "You better not look like that when you're with her! At least act nice."

"I can't promise you anything." I said as I got up from my desk. "Where are you going? Are you thinking of meeting lady Vladenburg?"

"Don't say something that stupid ever again, I just feel like going on a walk that's all." Dagen looked at me skeptically and then followed me out of my room. I looked out the window, admiring how beautiful the weather was today only to then catch a glimpse of a certain woman. It was Rosaline Vladenburg and she was walking along the garden with a pure smile. Something I never thought I'd see from her, the lady Vladenburg who would complain about how ugly flowers were any chance she could get while saying she's more beautiful than any flower in the kingdom, is now walking along my garden with a smile? My eyes must've been playing tricks on me.

I decided to go to the garden only to later see her resting under the tree on the hill while not wearing her heels. She slowly started opening her eyes but instead of looking at me with that disturbing love she would always do she was instead afraid? 'What is going on with her.' She quickly regained her composure but the way she spoke too was in a way she'd never done before. I later left, not feeling like being near her but couldn't help but turn around and look at her. There was something different about her.

'Rosaline Vladenburg has changed..'

.

.

.

.

A/N

This book will be switching between Rosaline's POV, Elliot's POV and third POV just so you know. Hope y'all are enjoying the story so far. The plot hasn't fully started yet<3