33

Elliot was by Dagen's side as he was training. "Your form seems to have gotten slobbier." Elliot scolded. "Give me a break won't you." Dagen said.

Dagen turned to look at Elliot who was looking up at the sky.

"First time getting your heart broken by a girl huh?"

"I don't have time for your jokes Dagen."

Dagen smiled as he looked at him. "It's alright, I'll stay by your side."

Elliot looked to the side, not knowing what to say.

"Let's go to the park why don't we? I'm sure that should cheer you up!"

"Does it have to be the park?"

"Is there a reason you don't want to go there? I thought you liked quiet places like that."

Elliot let out a sigh. "No it's alright let's just go."

They left the training zone and went out together. Dagen kept on teasing Elliot and saying stupid jokes which pissed Elliot off. But thanks to that he was able to not think about Rosaline.

The words she had said that night couldn't leave his mind. They got to the park and rested under the trees. Dagen immidietly fell asleep as Elliot watched the scenery. 'I guess he has been practicing a bit too much. I should let him rest.'

But staying still was too much, when he did nothing his mind would travel to Rosaline.

The way she'd always look up at the sky in awe,

Her love for flowers,

The bright smile on her face whenever she'd be in the garden.

He got up hoping that walking would maybe make him not think about it anymore. As he walked a person ran into his back. "Ah! I'm sorry!" The person was looking down but Elliot could remember that sweet voice clearly. A voice that made his heart skip a beat. He turned to look at her, to look at Rosaline.

Rosaline looked up only to see Elliot infront of her. Everything she had planned to say seemed to be stuck in her throat. She couldn't get it out. But before she could gather her thoughts Elliot walked past her. "It's alright."

Rosaline quickly turned and grabbed his arm. "What are you doing? Let go."

"I'm not letting you go!"

"What?"

"I'm never letting you go again."

"Rosaline..?"

"Elliot I love you!"

Elliot felt like time had stopped, he nearly forgot to breath, all he could do was look at the way her eyes sparkled.

"Elliot..?"

"R- Right, but I thought you didn't like me."

"It wasn't like that it was just that I thought you were meant to be with someone else."

"Why?"

"Because.. It was.. It was written. That's why."

Elliot clearly looked at her confused and Rosaline started to feel stupid. "Let's sit down." Rosaline said.

They sat down in the shade, under a big tree. "So could you explain?"

"I'm not Rosaline Vladenburg, nor am I from here. After I died I woke up in this body."

"Could you be a witch?"

"What? No I'm not! I was just a normal girl who died that's all, while this world is from my favourite novel where you Elliot was meant to be with someone else. That's why I couldn't accept your confession."

Elliot looked at her and then the river, he didn't know what to say and only felt like listening.

"But even so, I love you too much to just sit back and lose the chance to be with you, I was such a coward but I want to change that. Or am I too late..?"

"Idiot, it's only been three days, there's no way I could've gotten over you that fast." Elliot sighed.

"Well that explains why your personality randomly changed so much."

"Yeah, I didn't really want to act like the original Rosaline." She chuckled.

Elliot turned to watch her small smile.

"Do you really believe all this?"

"Well I wouldn't but since it was you who said it I'd obviously believe you."

Rosaline could feel her face heat up and started fanning herself with her hand, hoping that'd calm her down.

"Well what's your name?"

"My name?"

"Yeah, you weren't named Rosaline in the world you came from or?"

"Oh, right. Well my name is Jaide." She said shyly.

Elliot reached out his hand to her cheek and cupped it softly. His eyes stared at hers, neither looking away.

Elliot brought out a white ring with a purple diamond ontop.

"I love you Jaide. I want to be with you forever." He said with a smile.

Her words got caught in her throat, hearing him say he loved her, not Rosaline but her, Jaide, was too much. Her eyes got filled with tears as she clung onto him.

"I want to be with you too!"