10

Rosaline

I felt my body being sunken in a soft bed, my bed. I was pretty sure that I had fallen asleep reading in the library so how had I ended up in my room. 'Could Anna have carried me? No, she's definitely not confident enough to do something like that right now.. Then who could it have been?' I sat up from my bed, going to the corner, letting my feet dangle. My finger was lightly brushing against my lip as I tried to think and see if I could remember anything but it was all a daze. "Anna!" I called for Anna hoping she could have my answers and she quickly appeared. "Yes, lady Rosaline?"

"How did I end up in my room last night?" Anna jolted slightly and her face begun to flush a bit. I eyed her skeptically, now worried of what she had to say. 'Could I have somehow gotten drunk and caused a scene? No.. That's impossible..' I cringed at my pathetic thoughts trying to make up scenarios to remember. "Well.."

"Hm?" I hadn't noticed that I was staring at Anna with anticipation, I just really wanted to know what happened. "Sir Ravenden brought you here.."

"What?"

"It was sir Ravenden that brought you to your room, he carried you bridal style, it was quite romantic." She said while blushing.

I stared at Anna blankly, my mind empty and that's when I remembered.

Even in my dreams Elliot is still so handsome..

"It wasn't a dream..?"

Once I processed the situation I let out a bloodcurdling scream.

"How could I do something so stupid in front of Ravenden!"

"Lady Rosaline you must really care about your image in front of sir Ravenden, you truly love him." Anna muttered quietly as she tried to calm me, stroking my back gently and slowly with her warm hands hoping that would cheer me up.

'If I inconvience him any more then he'll definitely want to kill me. Even if I try to stop I can't help but fear him a little.' In the novel Elliot had always found Rosaline's presence annoying, for me to have done something like this definitely angered him. 'He never liked being complimented by Rosaline! Oh God what have I done?!' I tried to hold back tears as my mind was going wild thinking of any way he was planning to humiliate me.

"I.. I want to go to the garden.. I think I need some air.." I said with nearly no life left in me. "You just woke up lady Rosaline you need to take a bath, eat breakfast and just get ready in general!" Anna scolded and I nodded in response. "R- Right.." She looked at me with sorrow. 'Something tells me that she has the wrong idea as to why I'm sad..' After having the maid take care of me I left my room and went to the garden. These beautiful flowers helped me cheer up a bit. I decided to sit under the tree on the hill again since it had a calming presence. My mind felt at ease whenever I'd go here and I still felt so now. I rested my head against the tree bark and thought back to this morning.

A huge sigh escaped my lips and I shook my head. "If I met Elliot I'd better apologize."

"Then you might as well do that now."

I turned my body towards where I heard that voice only to see Elliot sitting by the other side of the tree. I could feel my body going cold as I nearly screamed again and even though I wanted to say something nothing could come up. My face began to heat up and I looked down at the ground. 'I can't believe I actually feel embarrassed! But who wouldn't after acting like that in front of someone as beautiful as him?' I was feeling a range of emotions and had completely forgotten to speak. I tried to look up only to see Elliot staring at me with those stone cold eyes, as if he were analyzing me. I felt trapped in his gaze and couldn't look away.

.

.

.

.

A/N

The story is slowly starting to move.. soon the plot will begin😼