9

Elliot was walking a long the hallways only to see a maid standing by a big door. It was the door for the library and the maid was Anna, Rosaline's maid. She quickly noticed him and gave him a greeting. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be by Lady Rosaline's side."

"Why of course sir Ravenden and that is what I'm doing right now. Lady Rosaline is in the library." Elliot nearly laughed at what she said, as if Rosaline would ever spend her time in the library. But when he looked at Anna's face he could see that she was serious. "How long has she been there?"

"Nearly the whole day sir, she entered at around 8.39 and it's now 22.53. I'm actually kind of worried but I don't want to disturb her. I even brought her food but she was too immersed in the books to even notice." He looked at Anna and then the door and decided to go in. There was a chill air inside and slight dust floating around. The library was completely dark and the only thing lighting up the room was one candle. 'How could anyone read in a place like this?' He walked around, following the source of the light and soon enough saw a small figure. It was lady Rosaline and she was sleeping on one of the books with several others around her. It looked like she had fallen asleep. There was food next to her but it hadn't been touched. He walked closer to her and bent down to be at eye level to her. He inspected her face and her goofy grin. She looked so stupid but he couldn't stop watching her. There were so many things he wanted to ask her but he stayed silent.

"What caused you to change like this?"

He gently moved her hair out of her face since it seemed to be itching her. She slowly started to wake up and saw something in front of her but couldn't make out what it was.

"Elliot.. is- is that.. you?" She said, slurring her words a bit still being half asleep. "Yes, is there something you want to say?"

"N..No." Rosaline started to chuckle a little which caught his attention.

"I didn't expect for you to appear in my dreams.." She said with a sheepish smile.

'She thinks this is a dream?'

Rosaline let out a small yawn and then continued to speak. "Even in my dreams Elliot is still so handsome.."

"You think I'm handsome?" She didn't answer and fell back asleep. To have Rosaline compliment him was something he was used to but he would always feel angry when he'd hear a compliment from her. But this time he didn't really feel like that at all and simply continued to watch her. This interesting girl in front of him that he wanted to know more of. Elliot looked out the window seeing how dark it was and grabbed her softly. He carried her bridal style and decided to take her to her room. He put her in her bed and tucked her in, he went to the door and was ready to leave but turned around and looked at her. Sleeping ever so soundly in her bed.

"Goodnight."