29

Rosaline and Malfus continued with their conversation but before it could go on any longer Elliot stepped in. "Rosaline there's something I need to tell you."

"What is it?"

Elliot turned to Malfas. "I kindly request you to leave sir Gilenburg, I have an important matter to attend to with Rosaline."

"Well that's too bad, I'll visit again." Malfus said as he sent a wink her way.

Elliot let out a grunt which Rosaline didn't notice. He grabbed her hand and led her out of the garden.

"Wait where are we going?"

"I'm taking you to my work room."

"O- Oh alright.. But why?"

"There's something I need to tell you."

"Can't you say it here?"

Elliot remained silent and continued leading her to the room. Rosaline could feel the warmth of his hand and even though she should've, couldn't let it go. Once they got to the room Rosaline stood by the doorway as Elliot walked to a desk and picked up a paper.

"It's been a while hasn't it?" He said as he looked at the paper.

"What..?"

"Since the engagement."

Rosaline felt her heart drop, she stood there quietly not knowing what to say. She couldn't tell where he was going with this and thought it'd be best to wait for him to say something.

Elliot let out a small sigh.

"I've been pushing it forward for a long time. I'm finally ready for the wedding."

She couldn't let out a single word, she stared at him remaining quiet. Her throat felt dry as she tried so let out a sound. Elliot put the paper down and walked towards her. She couldn't think as her body started moving on it's own, she went backwards as he went towards her. Soon enough her back was pressed against the wooden door.

"Rosaline I-"

"Stop!"

"What why?"

"Elliot, I can't.. I'm sorry but I just-"

She couldn't finish her sentence and opened the door and ran out to the hallway. Elliot was too stunned to speak, his body was frozen stiff. All he could do was lift his arm as a weak attempt to reach her.

'I thought that she.. But, could I have been wrong..?'

Rosaline ran to her room and jumped into her bed. Itri walked towards her and grabbed her hand gently. "Rosaline..? Are you okay?"

"I'm sorry, I just don't feel well right now. We can talk later." She said with an obvious fake smile. Itri looked at her with sadness and let her go, leaving the room.

Rosaline layed in her bed as she hugged her pillow.

.

.

.

Elliot sat down by his desk and tried to go back to his paperwork but couldn't get anything done. "What's got you looking so sour?" Dagen asked as he entered the room.

"I don't feel like talking right now." Elliot grumbled.

"Aww, did your proposal not go well?" Dagen taunted.

Elliot took in a deep breath to calm down.

"And that's what happens when you make a woman wait to long." Dagen laughed as Elliot didn't even have enough energy to roll his eyes. Dagen went up to him and gave him a pat on the back.

"C'mon, I've got some spare time, let's go out." He said with a soft smile, Elliot merely nodded and got up

They went out to the hallway and Elliot noticed that he had walked past Rosaline's bedroom door, he wanted to stop and knock but held yback and went with Dagen.

While Rosaline was still in her bed, stuck in her own thoughts.

'Was it right of me to run of like that?'

'I should've explained myself better.'

'But what is there for me to say?'

'Even if he does like me, once he meets Emma Fernsby the true main character then everything he felt for me will disappear.'

'No matter what I do I'll still be the villainess who doesn't win..'

'That's why I can't fall for him.'

'So why?'

'Why was I happy when he said he wanted to marry me?'