. . . . chapter twenty-one.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

SONG OF THE DAY :
washing machine heart - mitski

. . . . . .

the heavy pour of rain amid the rush hour had affected the schedule of public transportation, causing chia to arrive home an hour late than usual.

for a minute, she visibly cringed with the realization that an entire man on her couch had been lying there for half of the day with two bottles of the most basic brand of beer and a classic movie loved by pretentious white film majors with a weed addiction playing on the tv.

she assumed youngho was nothing like those pretentious white film majors because he was already fast asleep as it rolled.

"thought we were gonna watch a movie together?" she asked, talking to herself at that point.

a seemingly full paper bag (delivery for dinner) was placed on top of the newly cleaned kitchentop. what sealed it was a pink post-it inked with 'dinner for u ;)'.

the woman slapped herself when she became conscious of smiling too much over a cheesy gesture. the second self-slap which surprisingly didn't affect that grin which internally annoyed her was harsher when she was met with a burrito and blue lemonade.

chia sat on a chair near the tv (meaning nearer to him) for a while, enjoying the food youngho had ordered and watching what scene the pretentious movie was left off. her eyes moved to him every now and then.

( ❑❑❑ )

after cleaning up with readiness for a good night's sleep especially since it was the first time in a while for her to eat dinner that wasn't just a salty bag of the chips, she ejected the dvd from the player, turning it off.

as it was too cold and youngho seemed to have been wearing such a thin shirt with his towel that served as a blanket on the floor, he shuddered.

of course, chia wasn't as cold as the weather. she picked up the towel-blanket on the floor to spread it at least below his shoulder area. his shuddering had come to an end to her relief.

but then he . . . .

he loosely held her hand. tried to, at least.

oh yeah this guy is drunk drunk not just tipsy, she thought.

her main instinct was to brush it off, backing up a few steps with a face of shock in a matter of seconds.

on the other hand, while the man was still unaware of his surroundings, he mumbled, words slurred, "s-s-seoyeon-ah."

the name sounded familiar. then it hit her : the girl he appeared to be madly in love with as she became a topic in their rooftop conversations. it's her! she could only sneer.

jesus christ.

she almost chuckled at the wasted, unconscious facade of the hopeless romantic, whispering, "too bad. it's chiasa this time, not seoyeon-ah."

. . . . . .

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )