. . . . chapter thirty-three.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

SONG     OF    THE    DAY     :
like real people do - hozier

. . . . . .

entering the fancy restaurant with her itchy butterfly dress around women who wore those of silk, chia felt like a child among adults during a halloween party. like a cottagecore themed outfit randomly inserted into a pinterest board full of something like 'richcore,' or whatever they call it.

she continuously reminded herself she shouldn't care less. like any other day. because for starters, she was out to eat with a hunk who kept telling her she was the prettiest and was willing to pay for everything while wearing a dress handpicked by her best friend. who cares about judgement from runners of capitalism?

but the thing was, embarrassment was not worth it in a place like that. you're humiliated and unhappy with service? that's just sad.

she didn't want to spill it out then and there, but the whole experience was a big no.

their steak's serving was as small as a fast food burger patty yet it already cost almost all of her salary. their 'house blend' wine had way too much sugar to even be considered alcohol. and the salad? she could make a much, much better one with ingredients she has at home within five minutes.

the waiters looked as unapproachable as ever too, with their thick mustaches, curled down lips, and raised eyebrows serving as uniformed resting faces.

did they not receive customer service training, or was looking like robots the customer service the rich wanted? emotionless slaves? would not be too surprising if real.

lastly, the fact that youngho also said the place was often full in capacity and he was lucky to be able to make a reservation puzzled her even more.

what do people find enjoying here for them to raid it anyway? ambiance (bullshit.)? gold spoons? hearing the same opera song in the background all throughout? suited men? appearing wealthy to fellow wealthy people? she'll never understand.

oh, if only she could—

"wanna leave?" youngho voiced her thoughts out like he was reading her mind. "the steak's way too tough. it'll ruin my teeth. and the water has lemons. that's disgusting, sorry."

he smiled, resting his chin on the end of his palm and holding the barely tolerable glass of wine on the unoccupied hand. his eyes were still tied with hers. "but you know, only if you're down."

chia returned the devious smile.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )