Get Sporty-er

"Your card is... the Six of Spades!" Tess guesses.

She guesses wrong, and all the kids groan in disappointment. "It was the King of Hearts," Ricky corrects.

"That's what I said. The King of Hearts." Tess flicks her wrist and the card changes.

"Impossible!" Nicky gasps in astonishment. The others start clapping for her.

"Oh, stop. Thank you," Tess says while giving a little bow.

"I know you're excited to see me. No applause necessary," Dawn declares, walking up to them.

"It's not for you. Tess, this is our sister, Dawn. Tess is new," Ricky explains to Dawn.

"And wowsome. That's wow and awesome. I made it up," Dicky adds.

"Impossible," Nicky exclaims, still looking over the card.

"Hi. I see you've met my brothers. I'll distract them, you run for your life," Dawn offers. Y/n quietly scoffs and rolls her eyes at Dawn's antics.

"Don't listen to her. We're funtastic," Dicky argues.

"You know what else is funtastic? Dawn's shirt. Talk about wowsome," Tess compliments.

"My words are catching on. I should publish a Dicky-tionary," Dicky suggests.

"Wow, the Harper quadruplets and Y/n are officially the coolest kids ever!" Tess squeals.

"Isn't she great?" Ricky asks with a love struck expression.

"Wait. What's this?" Tess reaches over to Nicky and grabs a five dollar bill from behind his ear.

"Inconceivable!" Nicky shouts. Y/n immediately gives Tess a death stare.

"Five bucks for the candy machine. Hope everyone likes nutty fudge bombs," Tess announces, holding up a five dollar bill before walking off.

"She's perfect," Ricky sighs.

"She's radcredible," Dicky agrees.

"She's magic," Nicky dreamily says.

"She's got to go," Dawn and Y/n decide at the same time.

~~~

"What are you talking about?" Ricky asks as they walk into Tom's Get Sporty. "Tess is perfect!"

"Too perfect. I'm telling you, there's something up with that girl," Dawn disagrees.

"You also told me when I was four that a little man lived in my butt and cut my poops with a saw," Ricky flatly states.

"Wait a minute. Dawn told you what?" Y/n asks in disbelief.

"You were scared to go for like a month," Dicky recalls.

"I swear I could hear him sawing!" Ricky defends himself.

"This is different than Poop-Saw Man. She's fooling you guys. She's a total phony fake-face," Dawn assures them.

"Ooh, I hate fake-faces! Who's a fake-face? Is it that new girl in the camping section? 'Cause I'm always like, 'Hi!' and she's always like..." Josie rants and then strikes a weird pose.

Y/n looks towards where she's pointing and her mouth drops open once she realizes what Josie was referring to. "That's a mannequin, Josie," Y/n tells her.

"That explains why she doesn't talk. Or blink. And smells like plastic," Josie says in realization.

"Well, you're wrong. Tess is not a fake-face," Ricky declares, getting them back on track.