Poo Dunnit

Y/n races over to the couch after setting up the camera. A wide smile overtakes her face when Dawn announces, "Here we go. Up, up, up," Dawn gasps as all five kids mimic a waterpark ride. "Ah, we're at the top of the log ride. Ah! We can see the whole water park. And down we go." All of the kids raise their hands and start screaming as if they were really going down the log ride.

"Sharp right turn," Nicky declares, causing the others to shout as they pretend they're thrown off balance.

"Hard bank left," Dicky warns, and they all immediately respond by moving their bodies to the left.

"Here comes the cameras! Eyes open!" Dawn points out, making sure the others are ready. Everyone poses dramatically as the camera snaps their photo.

"How did we do?" Dicky inquires.

Y/n rushes over and grabs the camera, turning it so that the quads can see. "Terribly," Y/n remarks, catching sight of the photo. "We have ten eyes, and seven of them were closed."

Dawn takes the camera, sighing at the horrid picture. "Well, come on. Let's practice again. We're finally tall enough to ride the Red Bomber Log Flume, and we need a great picture to prove it."

"I wasn't scared," Ricky randomly declares when Dawn glances at him.

"Um, Ricky, we never said you were," Y/n reminds him, furrowing her brows in confusion.

"Dawn's the one who looks scared. She's white as a ghost," Ricky claims, getting defensive.

"I just need a tan. I'm not scared," Dawn casually tells her brother.

"Stop saying I'm scared. I am not scared," Ricky repeats in fear.

"Is my hair thinning?" Dicky questions, looking at himself in the photo. "Now I'm scared. I don't want to end up looking like... Oh, hey Dad," he changes his sentence when Tom walks into the room.

"Oh, smells like a whale's blowhole," Tom says in disgust, getting a whiff of the stinky air. "Did you brush your teeth today?" he asks the kids. When nobody responds to his question, he asks, "Have any of you brushed your teeth today?" Still, nobody responds, so he adds, "All right, mouth check. Let's go."

Everybody opens their mouths and deeply breaths out. "Oh," Tom murmurs, trying not to gag. "Oh, why did I ask for that? I am so tired of having to tell you kids to brush your teeth every day."

"Then take a day off, my man," Dicky suggests. "You deserve it," he states, feigning kindness.

"And it isn't just your teeth," Tom continues as if Dicky didn't interrupt. Every day your mom and I have to remind you to make your beds, and flush the toilet, and pick up your soccer ball. Pick up your books, pick up your shoes, or put your dirty dishes in the sink," Tom comments, pointing at the mess scattered around his living room.

"We always remember to do those things," Dawn states matter-of-factly.

Right at that exact moment, Anne decides to enter the room, tripping over a pair of shoes. "Good morning every... Ahh!" Tumbling down the rigid stairs, she lands on the floor with a loud thud. "Dicky!" she shouts in annoyance. "You left your shoes on the stairs!" She moves forward, only to end up tripping over a book. "Ow! Ricky, your book! Dawn!" she yells as she topples into the table, her face landing in a bowl of milk. When she lifts her head, a bunch of fruit loops are stuck to her face.

"It wasn't me!" all four quads shout in unison.

"Really?" Anne rhetorically questions. "This isn't your special Nicky spoon?" she asks, holding up a metal spoon.

"Well, we used to be close, but I wouldn't call her special," Nicky mentions, trying to divert the attention away from him.

"See, this is what happens when you don't do what we tell you to do," Tom points out.