Field of Brains

"I can't believe you think Snuggle Squirrels One is better than Snuggle Squirrels Two," Dawn tells Nicky in disbelief.

"I just think the snuggling is more believable in the original," Nicky explains.

"Sorry, Dawn, but I agree with Nicky. The original movies are always better," Y/n divulges.

"What about the third one? The Empire Snuggles Back," Dicky asks, and Nicky and Y/n both shake their heads no.

"I'm not discussing this with any of you until you read the books," Ricky exclaims.

"I read the books," Y/n announces.

"Then you and I can discuss it alone," Ricky decides.

"No, no, no. The worst zombie movie ever is Zombabes," someone says in the background.

"I know. So lame. Zombies aren't supposed to go to beach parties... or surf. Give me the classic... Must
eat brains," Josie speaks up, agreeing with her friend. Josie and her friend start to weirdly walk toward the children. "Oh. Maybe we shouldn't be talking about this stuff in front of... Kids," Josie's friend whispers.

"Yeah," Josie agrees.

"Who, us? Whaaaaat?" Dawn asks. "We watch scary movies all the time. What else would we watch? Snuggle Squirrels?" The quads all start yelling indignantly at the girls.

"Then you must be really excited for tonight," Josie's friend says.

"Sure. Mom's meatloaf. She adds paprika. It's a winner," Nicky announces to her. Y/n quickly puts her hand over her mouth to stifle her laughter.

"She's talking about Field of Brains... the scariest classic zombie movie ever," Josie corrects. "It's on TV tonight. Uncut. Unrated. And unbelievably scary!" Josie yells, scaring the children.

"See you tonight," Josie's friend remarks before leaving.

"Uh... Obviously we're watching Field of Brains tonight. Duh!" Dawn assures her.

"Yeah, it sounds great!" Y/n excitedly yells.

"Guys, you don't have to pretend. We all know you're too young for scary movies. And by the way... the snuggle squirrels are adorable. Like you guys," Josie declares and then walks away.

"Did you hear that?" Dawn wonders.

"Yeah. She called me adorable," Dicky dreamily states. "Our, 'will they, won't they?' tension is electric."

"She called us too young. That is the worst type of young," Dawn sadly utters.

"She's right, though. We've never really seen a scary movie," Nicky recalls.

"Well, that ends tonight. We are watching Field of Brains," Dawn firmly announces.

"Speak for yourselves. I watch scary movies all the time," Y/n tells Dawn. "I agree, though. We have to watch that movie."

Tom and Anne suddenly walk toward their children, laughing to themselves. "Wow, you guys are in a good mood," Dawn begins.

"Sure are," Anne responds.

"So, now would be a good time to ask you something?" Dawn questions.

"Anything you want," Tom agrees.

"Can we watch Field of Brains tonight?" Dawn asks.

"No way," Tom and Anne answer at the same time.

"What?" Dawn and Y/n exclaim.

"You're not watching a zombie movie," Tom tells them.

"Why not?" Dawn wonders.

"Because we've seen it. In a world where zombies eat farmers and harvest their brains," Tom begins.