Piggy, Piggy, Piggy, Dawn

The sun is brightly shining, and there's a soft breeze gently blowing the leaves. The weather has been beautiful for the past few days, which has Y/n in a good mood. She wears a large smile as she enters the Harpers' house.

Her good mood doesn't dwindle when the opens the door, but a look of confusion crosses her face. Instead of the clean house that she was expecting to see, there are puppets strewn across the living room. The puppets themselves suspiciously resemble the Harper quads.

"Hey, guys. What's going on?" Y/n greets her friends with a small wave.

"Oh, hey, Y/n," Dawn smiles. "Glad you could make it. As for what's going on, don't you remember how we always come in second place at the school talent show? I, for one, am sick of it! We're practicing our puppet show, so we'll win first place this year."

"I hate losing to Pete Tibbals," Dicky angrily mutters.

"Me too," Nicky agrees, causing Y/n's eyes to be drawn to the black haired boy in front of her.

"Just because Pete Tibbals can fit his whole fist in his mouth. How's that a talent? I mean, anyone can," Dicky criticizes. Dicky then proceeds to try to stuff his entire hand into his mouth. He quickly realizes the best he can do is a few fingers and retracts them with an impressed look. "Wow. Tibbals got skills."

Ricky, never being one to keep quiet, addresses the group with a sweep of his hands. "I think we all agree, we hate losing to Pete Tibbals."

"Tibbals." The menacing growl is shared between all the quads.

"But I've got some good news. His hands grew over the summer, and he got braces!"

"So his hand doesn't fit?" Dicky blurts out the question.

"Like stuffing a bowling ball in a tube sock," Ricky clarifies with a nod of his head.

"Yes!" Nicky shouts in that adorable voice of his. "That means we're gonna win!"

"Not so fast," Dawn hastily stops the celebration before it has a chance to truly begin. "Guys, it doesn't matter who we're up against. The Pigs is a second-place show. That's why, this year, we should finally do..." A drum roll echoes throughout the room as Dawn hits her palms against the wood. "Goldilocks and the Three Bears!"

Nicky clearly doesn't like the idea because he's the first to object. "But we've been perfecting The Pigs for years. Why would we change now? This is our year."

"I agree," Dawn calmly states, "but I think we should do something fresh that'll push us over the top." When no one makes a move to agree or disagree, Dawn confidently continues. "Guys, I just want us to win."

Dicky stands up as he turns toward his sister. "So do we. We just have to agree to agree."

"But I disagree."

"Well, there's your problem."

Y/n glances around the room at her friends, who, whether they realize it or not, are becoming defensive, and decides that now is the right time to butt in. "I'm sure you'll win first place no matter what fairytale you decide on. I would like to help you guys, so if there's something I can do, just let me know." She keeps an upbeat attitude, hoping that her friends will do the same.

"Thank you for the offer, Y/n, but there's only four characters in The Pigs," Ricky immediately declines. His tone isn't quite venomous but it does hold a certain warning.

"What he means to say," Dawn speaks up, "is of course you can help. It would be great if you could help with the props for Goldilocks and the Three Bears."