The Sad Tail of Gary-Daniel-Chip-Tiny Elvis-Squishy Paws

"Thanks for helping me with math, Y/n," Dicky says as the boys and Y/n walk into Tom's Get Sporty.

"No problem. I'm always happy to help," she replies. As they approach Dawn, Y/n notices a collar with a dog tag around their dog's neck.

"I noice something," Ricky points out.

"I notice it too," Nicky declares.

"Me too," Dicky adds. "Mom and Dad totally redid the cafe."

"No, Dicky. Dawn put a dog tag on your dog," Y/n tells him.

"Yeah, and it better say his name is Chip," Ricky states.

"You mean Tiny Elvis," Dicky corrects.

"The tag should say Gary," Nicky decides.

"I still think Daniel would be a cute name," Y/n comments.

"Too late, guys," Dawn brags. "The tag has spoken. His name is Squishy Paws."

"No, it's not," Dicky yells as the quads break out into an argument. As they're arguing, Y/n quietly stands away from them and pets the dog.

The argument is getting pretty intense, and Y/n starts worrying about what will happen until Josie breaks them apart by yelling, "Guys! Guys! Guys! Guys! All your arguing is upsetting him. Look, he's even doing his sad-tail thing."

"Um, your arguing is upsetting me, too, but I guess I have to grow a tail to get noticed," Y/n complains.

"Josie and Y/n are right. All this arguing is upsetting... Chip!" Ricky shouts, causing Y/n to heavily sigh as the quads begin arguing again.

Y/n suddenly spots a guy sneaking someone's phone into his pocket. "Guys, stop arguing. I think that man is stealing people's things," she says, pointing at the guy. The quads barely have any time to react before their dog hops onto a skateboard, jumps onto a trampoline, and tackles the guy. The man falls over with a scream of surprise.

"Get him off! Get him off!" the man screams in pure terror.

"The Harpers' dog just caught the Boulder Bandit," Y/n announces to the store.

"Squishy Paws is a hero!" Dawn proudly shouts.

"Chip's a hero!" Ricky yells.

"Good job, Tiny Elvis," Dicky congratulates.

"The hero is a Gary!" Nicky shouts while giving a cute fist bump to the air.

Everyone starts cheering and clapping for the hero dog. "Well, looks like someone's having a... 'ruff' day," Tom jokes, kneeling down next to the thief. He takes off his sunglasses and ends up poking himself in the eye. He screams in pain while the thief lies whimpering on the ground.

"I still think he should be called Daniel."

~~~

The kids finally arrive at the Harper's house after a long time of being interviewed by a news reporter about the dog. "Squishy, before you watch yourself on the news, look! Someone sent you a dozen long-stemmed 'boneses'," Dawn happily reveals.

"He sure doesn't have a sad tail now," Nicky points out. "Eat up, little hero."

"I can't believe the Harpers and Y/n are going to be on TV," Conner comments.

"And I can't believe I'm here with a celebrity," Liv excitedly cheers.

"I'm just a boy from Boulder, Liv," Dicky assures her.

"I don't think she was talking about you, Dicky. I'm pretty sure she was talking about your dog," Y/n replies, quietly snickering.

"Oh, I just want to snuggle him," Josie says.