Chapter 3

Grayson P.O.V

"Sir Mr Hayes is here."

I sighed "let him in."

Preston sauntered into my office looking unusually gleeful. He plopped down on one of the two leather chairs that are placed in front of my desk.

"What's shoved up your ass?" I ask

"Oh nothing, I just saw Genevieve being dragged out of the building by security, it just, made my day. Ya know? Seeing people getting what they deserve."

I rolled my eyes not bothering to entertain his idiotic conversation. "So, I guess you no longer have a fiancé."

I sigh putting down my pen and look at him. "No, honestly I'm not really sure what to do. I can't very well go out and hire someone who could go to the paps. I need someone I can trust."

"What about Miss Miller?" I frown.

"Don't look so disappointed Gray. She'd be perfect for the job. She's been your assistant, so she knows a lot more about you than the average person, she's someone you can trust and best of all, she knows you! So she won't quit on you like everyone else!"

He adds a large smile to the last part of his speech. Unfortunately, he may be right. Miss Miller may be my only option.

"Get out of my office Pres, I have work to do."

He stands up rolling his eyes. "At least think about it, everyone loves her, she'd be perfect." He closes the door behind him, I could hear him laugh at something Miss Miller must have said. This is going to be something I really need to consider, all personal emotions put aside.

I kept myself buried in work and meetings. Until I found the courage to talk to Miss Miller.

Eventually I force myself to press the intercom, "Miss Miller, come to my office." She didn't reply, she didn't need to. A flurry of brunette hair came rushing into my office.

She stood attentive, ready for whatever she thought I was going to throw at her. "Take a seat."

I hint of surprise was quickly overtaken by her nonchalant demeanour as she took the same seat Genevieve was in earlier.

I take I deep breath. "What I say to you is going to stay in this office. Do you understand?" She nodded her head.

"I need a verbal agreement Miss Miller." My tone a littler sharper than it needed to be.

"Yes Mr Black, I understand."

I smile "good, let's discuss... I want you to be my fiancé."