Chapter 39

I spent the first half of my day staring out the floor to ceiling windows mindlessly, trying to block out Graysons yelling over the phone. It still surprises me that he hasn't lost his voice.

"Hey babe?" I looked away from the window to his expectant gaze.

"Hm?"

"I know I told you that I don't want you working right now but would you mind going down to the twelfth floor and grabbing me the Mitchell file?"

I stood up to get the feeling back into my legs "ugh! Finally! I've been dying of boredom." I raced over to him pecking him on the cheek.

"I'll be back soon!" Before he could respond I was out the door and walking to the elevator. The stares from the executives didn't go unnoticed. I knew it would get worse once I made it to the twelfth floor but I couldn't find it in myself to care.

It's not surprising that I'm more nervous to see the other employees rather than executives. I mean they're the ones I spent my time with. Plus the majority of them are gossiping, two faced bitches.

The elevator door opened onto the twelfth floor. My anxiety hit its peak as the elevator ding drew the attention of everyone in sight.

The girls especially were staring daggers. I guess when I left they had hope that they could get with the big boss, only to be disappointed by my arrival. I'm telling you, bitches, all of em.

A squeal broke the lingering silence. I looked up to see who it had come from. Amber. She ran over to me in her six inch stilettos, enveloping in an unwelcoming hug. I patted her back awkwardly. "Um, hi?"

She pulled back ignoring my awkwardness "what are you doing here? I thought you and Grayson broke it off? I mean the pictures of you packing kind of clued us all in. Did he kick you out? Did he meet someone better?"

Wow insulting. Hurt a little bit, I won't lie. "I'm just here to get a file." I disregarded her questions, hoping she'd get the hint that I don't want to talk. I'm sadly mistaken as not only her but her main little minion followed me into the file room.

I went to the file cabinet labelled 'M' and began sifting through. "Spill the deats! What really happened between the two of you?" I sighed.

"Look Amber, what happened is between the two of us. Please just leave me alone." I dared to take a peek at her expression. If she could kill with the look I was receiving right now, I'd be dead. Her nice act had vanished.

"Listen here. I tried being nice but you need to understand that just because you've somehow manipulated Grayson into being with you, doesn't make you top shit. Everyone here knows I'd be so much better for him."

The audacity this girl has is laughable. I grabbed the file labelled Mitchell and slammed the door shut. "Amber, the man doesn't even know your name."

Her cheeks were tinged red. "He does so! He wants me! I knew it the second he looked at me when we went to that club."

"Then how come I left with him and not you?" Casey stood behind Amber not saying a word, just stood there glaring at me with her arms crossed.

I was done entertaining this conversation. "Alright minion, move." Casey continued to stand her ground.

I turned to look at Amber who looked pleased that I was trapped. I'm about ready to slap a bitch. "Look Amber, if you have a problem with me, kindly write it on a piece of paper, fold it and shove it up your ass. I'm done with this conversation and with you."

"I can't believe Grayson married a skank like you! What do you have on him that's keeping you tied to his side? What are you pregnant?" That caught me off guard. I didn't know what to say, I just felt the blood drain from my face. "Oh.. my... god. You're fucking pregnant."