Chapter 34

"Ok babe, I'll go grab a few more boxes. Ricky's going to meet me downstairs."

I don't say anything just quickly nod and continue packing my clothes. I feel awful packing the clothes he purchased for me but he threw out all the clothes I owned, so if I don't take these I'll be walking around naked and I'm not into that idea. The police will have me taken into a jail cell the second I step foot outside the establishment.

Having practically zero personal possessions made this a lot easier. I didn't really care what was left behind and what I could fit in the boxes, they're all materialistic items that aren't worth a cent as memorabilia, but they're worth a petty penny materialistically.

I seem to have been lost in a train of thought as I hadn't noticed Ricky and Marie standing behind me. "Hey baby." The tension on Ricky's face doesn't go unnoticed. He's clearly attempting to hide his true emotions, but is failing miserably. The pity's there and that's enough for me to get up and yank the boxes from his grasp and continue packing.

I shove my shoes into one of the larger boxes. For some reason Grayson made sure to buy me, what feels like hundreds of pairs of heels. They're all very sexy pairs of shoes so I guess that explains it.

Marie's phone goes off while she's taping up the boxes labeled 'shirts' and 'skirts' she grasps the small device, fishing it out of her back pocket. "Oh shit. They're headed back to the office, dad couldn't hold Mr Black off anymore. He was adamant on heading back to the office so he could celebrate with you."

"Awe, that's sweet. Come on, you guys have to admit that's- ow!" Marie's quick to smack Ricky on the side of his head like a disapproved mother to her child.

"Shutup Ricky! The asshole had another freshly fucked woman exiting his office on their wedding day!"

Quickly he holds both hands up, immediately surrendering under her patronising gaze. "You're right. You're right, no need to slap me."

As I watch their little showdown my phone rings. I know who it is by the ringtone. I changed it to the classic Darth Vader music. It seemed fitting at the time. But right now I'm about to have a panic attack.

"Olivia? Are you gonna get that?" I look at Marie.

"It's him. What do I do?"

"Oh my god! You put Darth Vader music as his ringtone? Classic!" That earns Ricky another smack.

While Ricky's clutching his head in pain she turns to me. "Pick it up, act like nothings wrong, otherwise we won't have enough time to get you out of here. He'll have the place on lockdown."

I nod and press the green button holding it up to my ear. "Hi."

Good start I guess. Cant go wrong with 'hi'

"Hey baby, I have some big news!" I can hear how giddy he is.

While I'm on the phone, the two continue to tape up the remaining boxes.

"Oh really? What is it?"

"I'm headed back to the office now. I'll tell you when I get back... I just couldn't wait to call you."

"Um. How far are you from the office?" I put him on speaker phone so they can hear.

"Ah, about fifteen minutes. Why? Are you planning a surprise? Maybe one that involves you spread out across my desk-"

My cheeks turn a rosy pink and I immediately put him off speaker putting the phone back against my ear.

I cut him off "uh, yep. Something like that. Now I've got to go and make sure everything's ready. Don't be too long!"