Chapter 43

5 months later
(7 months pregnant)

My stomach is huge! I'm a walking buffalo. Doesn't help that the little shit in my stomach jumps on my bladder like a goddamned trampoline!

I roll over to my side in our bed. Graysons snoring lightly with a hand wrapped around my large stomach. I smile and move my hand to smooth back the loose tendrils of hair that have fallen onto his forehead. "Grayson." I whisper. He doesn't budge. "Grayson!" I whisper a little harsher.

When he doesn't respond I flick his forehead. What the fuck? If he wasn't breathing I'd assume he died. I pinched his lips and nose waiting. A couple moments later his eyes bugged opened and I released my grasp. He sat up inhailing the air. "Jesus Christ, you didn't have to try kill me!"

I sat up next to him and ignored his comment. "Me and the baby are hungry."

"There's food downstairs."

"But we don't have marshmallows, bananas and Vegemite!"

"Vegemite?"

I threw my hands up in the air sighing. "Oh my god it's the best thing I've ever tasted! I bought it at the foreign isle at the grocery store last week because it looked weird so obviously I wanted to try it. I sort of ate spoonfuls from the jar and now it gone and I really want some."

Grayson ran his hands through his hair standing from the bed. He went into our closet to get into a pair of grey sweatpants and a white tee. God he's so sexy. Maybe I should eat him instead.

The rattling of the car keys bought me back to reality. "Ok so, bananas, marshmallows and Vegemite?"

I held two of my thumbs up "yep! Me and baby are very grateful." He pecked my forehead and left.

Now I'm up. I look to the clock "ahh 3am. Witching hour. Maybe I should do some sort of voodoo summoning of ghosts!"

I felt a harsh kick in my stomach. Glaring I looked down at it "fine you little bitch. You're no fun. But I guess we can settle for watching friends." Sighing I grabbed the remote and leaned back.

Their thanksgiving episodes were always my favourite so I popped one of those episodes on and leaned back into the warm comfort of our bed.

"You know baby, If uncle Mason were a character in this show, he'd be Joey. You'll like uncle Mason but remember mommy's always gonna be your favourite. If Daddy and I are held at gunpoint, remember who carried you in her womb for nine months." There was a soft kick in my stomach.

"Good girl."

Yes, you heard that right, Grayson and I are having a baby girl. We haven't come up with a name yet so we've stuck with baby, but I'm super excited.

Grayson began decorating the nursery before we knew the gender. He decided to go for a more gender neutral colour for 'our future baby's' As he said. But we've added little girl decor all throughout the room.

"Honey?"

"Hm?" He's standing in the doorway holding a supermarket bag which contains my midnight snack. I hadn't realised how much time had passed. Although I do tend to get lost in my own train of thought.

"Ooo! Gimmie!" I hold my hands out, waving them around, gesturing for him to pass me the bag. With an eye roll he finally handed it over.

Inside lay a bunch of bananas, a jar of Vegemite and a jumbo bag of marshmallows. Reaching for the marshmallows I rip the bag open only eating the pink ones. "I don't know why you refuse to eat the white ones. They taste the same."

He sat down beside me and I popped a white marshmallow in his mouth. "No, they don't. Now shush. Get comfy, we're watching friends.

He wriggles himself back into the pillows. I jump when I feel his arms wrap around my waist. He hoists me up and places me on his lap.

I hand Grayson the banana. Opening it for me he hands it back. The jar of Vegemite is in my next line of vision. I'm surprised he managed to get a jar at this time. Money and fake has its perks. Cracking that baby open I use the spoon he'd also purchased and scoop it up and place I nice dollop atop of the banana. Next the marshmallow. Of course it's pink. Placing that on top of the Vegemite and taking a bite. My concoction is complete.

I expect a lot of judgement for my choice of snack but really? I'm pregnant. All I have to say is, fuck off. Kay?

Graysons disgusted gaze burned into the back of my head. He's a smart one though. Whenever I turned around he'd offer me one of his charming smiles while I fed him the white marshmallows.

Eventually I finally felt content and ready to fall into a deep slumber. Grayson being the sweetheart he is, took my rubbish and leftovers downstairs and into the cupboard or fridge.

While he was downstairs I brushed my teeth and hopped back into bed. He did the same pulling me back into his warm embrace. "I love you baby."

"I love you too." I whispered back. He lay on my chest. His hand rubbing my stomach. I lay back running my hands through his hair. Grayson sighed in content as I watched him slowly drift off.

I'm the luckiest girl in the world.