Chapter 46

Grayson got me a private room, although it doesn't feel all that private with everyone staring at me like I'll burst any minute. Trust me, I won't, the doc said I'm not dilated enough.

These contractions are a bitch. I know mothers talk about how beautiful giving birth is but honestly I don't know what's beautiful about it. I'm all sweaty, I'm uncomfortable, I'm in pain and when my child comes out of my vagina, she's gonna look like a sticky alien. I don't know which part of that, is beautiful, maybe they think it is because they're tripping on drugs the doctors put into their systems.

"Are you feeling ok baby?" Grayson held my sweaty hand within his own.

"Yeah, I'm still hungry though."

"Oh! I can solve that!" Mason called out, reaching into Andreas purse and pulling out 10pc of McNuggets.

He handed me the box. I ripped it open and shoved a nugget in my mouth. "Marry me." I mumbled.

"Hey!" Grayson pinched my arm.

"Ow! You bitch!" I rub the sore spot on my arm.

"The only person you're going to marry is me." He ground out.

I smirked "eh, been there, done that. I think I'll give the other twin a go."

Graysons hand left mine and grasped my chin, pulling myself towards him. "Don't even joke about it." He applied just enough pressure to get his point across.

"Ugh, fine, I guess I'll settle for you." I sigh.

"I'm a fucking prize, you'd be settling if you went for my dearest twin over there." He gestured toward Mason who'd devoured half of my McNuggets.

"Asshole." I glared at Mason who shrugged, kicking his feet up on my bed.

A nurse came into the room smiling until she saw my McDonald's packaging. "Miss, you shouldn't be eating those sorts of foods while in labour. If you would like I can get you some toast? Apple sauce? Maybe a popsicle?"

"I'll take all of the above." Mason takes the nuggets from me finishing them off. Why are their so many different rules when going into labour? Like Jesus Christ why can't I just push the sucker out?

"Grayson?"

"Hm?" He looks up from his phone.

"Are we ready to be parents?"

He shuts of his phone looking deep into my eyes so I can clearly witness each emotion. "Love, how many times are we going to have to talk about this? We've got this. No parent truely knows what they're doing, they wing it and you are great at winging it."

I snort "Shutup and get me some ice chips."

"Ice chips?"

"It's what Rachel gets Carol in friends."

He rolls his eyes and looks at Mason.

"You heard the woman! Ice chips!" Mason was about to retort but Andrea stops him and shoves him out of the room.

Not a moment later the nurse walks back in holding a tray with a piece of toast, a small pottle of apple sauce and a lemonade popsicle.

"Here you are dear." She places the tray on the table beside my bed. I nod in thanks and start shovelling the slice of toast into my mouth.

"Now I'm just going to check how much you've dilated."

I payed her no mind at I began slurping the apple sauce off of my spoon. Grayson looks at me with love but also a bit of disgust. Oh well, his fault for knocking me up.