Chapter 15

5 days later

"I want to watch Fresh."

"You sure you're not going to get scared?" I flip Grayson off making him laugh.

"No I won't get scared! Horror movies are fake."

"Uh huh, sure."

"Shut the fuck up! I won't get scared."

"If you get scared, you owe me." The insinuation in his voice of what I'll 'owe' him is clearly sexual. When he reaches over to grab some popcorn from the bowl on my lap I slap his hand away.

"Why do you have to turn this whole thing into something sexual?" I huff.

"Because I'm a man with needs. Kissing you these past two weeks and not getting any further is frustrating."

"You hated or hate me."

"Doesn't mean I don't find you physically attractive." He waggles his eyebrows as I slap the back of his head.

"So you've resorted to childish games of such as me owing you if I get scared?"

"Pretty much." I roll my eyes.

"Just turn the movie on and shut your mouth." He presses play and sits back into the couch as the movie begins.

At the start I'm feeling completely smug. This movie isn't scary at all. It's pretty cute actually. The two characters meet at a supermarket and begin a relationship. He takes her on a date and then proceeds to take her to some small town for a little couple getaway. If I were her I'd probably go on a few more dates to gain more trust but get it I guess.

"Scared yet?" Grayson looks at me. I shake my head and turn back to the movie snacking on popcorn.

When the main character is kidnapped I'm still not afraid, in fact I'm perfectly fine. It's a horror movie so it's not unexpected.

Suddenly I see the male character cutting up people. I feel nauseous. Maybe I should've researched this movie before suggesting it. I'm not a fan gore.

Subtly as I can I place the bowl of popcorn to the side as I've suddenly lost my appetite.

Grayson grabs the bowl and continues eating while staring at the tv. I look at him with slight disgust. Who the hell can casually eat completely unaffected by the man casually slicing and eating a human body?

I'm a particularly squeamish person so this is not ideal. I want to die right now. In fact I'm keeping my eyes closed but even the sounds are nauseating. Unfortunately my pride will not allow to me admit defeat.

"Ahem, I can see that your eyes are closed. We're like, sitting right next to each other." My eyes shoot open as I look at him.

"I was resting my eyes."

"Uh huh. Okay. You sure you're gonna make it?"

"You making it sound like I'm on my deathbed. I'm fine, I can watch the movie." He shrugs and looks at the screen. From the corner of my eye I can clearly see he's watching me.

After the movie Grayson walks me to my bedroom. I'm cautious as I feel either he's going to suddenly chain me to my bed and sell my meat or someone's going to pop out from behind a corner and kidnap me go sell my meat.

"You sure you're ok?" He asks pausing to stand outside my bedroom door.

"I'm fine."

"Ok well you do look incredibly delicious. In fact I could just chop off your arm and-"

"- Oh my god you are an asshole." I cover my ears like a child who doesn't want to hear their parents disapproval.

He removes my hands from my ears "just so you know, I won't kick you out of my bed if you decide to join me." I scrunch my face in disgust and slam the door.

Lying in bed I try to think about positive things. Rainbows? Freshly baked cookies? Fluffy blankets? Nothing works.

The image of this man sawing a woman's body and eating it replays in my mind on a consistent loop. "Ok that's it." I whisper to myself sitting up from my bed.

Quietly I open my door and tiptoe down the hallway. I get shivers down my spine walking through the cool dark house.

Every time I walk through a house alone at night I feel like someone's watching me. Or that some serial killer is going to come out and stab me. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

As I take the last few steps down into the dinning/living area I turn on the lights. No one's gonna murder me tonight. I also turn on the fireplace and jump onto the couch with a large fluffy throw.

With the remote in my hand I immediately head to Netflix and put on Barbie life in the dream house. This is a no judgement zone. It's a comforting, completely non scary show and I'm going to own watching it.

Eventually I'm settled with a tub of cookies and cream ice cream. "If you say a word I will fucking eat you alive." A loud scream rips it's way through my throat as pounce off the couch and throw the tub of ice cream at the voice.

"Mother fucker." Grayson stands behind the couch rubbing his forehead where the tub must've hit him. His eyes cast over to mine and I shit eating grin is plastered across his face.

"I knew you were fucking scared. When I heard you leave your room I had to follow."

"You are total Dickwad!" I settle myself back down on the couch and leave him to clean up the melting ice cream mess.

After he's tossed the ice cream covered paper towels in the trash he takes a seat next to me. I offer some of the throw to which he takes gratefully.

"You're really going to sit here and watch barbie with me?" We're close enough that I can feel the heat radiating off his body.

"I wouldn't be a good fiancé if I didn't. Plus it'll be great for my manhood to beat any fucker that tries to take you and sell your body parts." I roll my eyes. Nothing is ever sentimental between us.

Nonetheless I lay my head on his shoulder "you're a dick but I know somewhere deep deep down there's some good in you."

"Fuck off."

"I was here first asshole."

"Actually I was, my house."

"You need me."

"....true."