Chapter 2: Adina Howard

I walked towards Roland's all black Lexus truck. Roland Gordon was Yani's older brother. With his slim frame, tall height, and bedroom eyes, he was everything a girl my age would want. Plus, the nigga got money. He's Domo's man so I wasn't checking for him. It didn't hurt that he was cute as hell though.

"Oh my god girl! You look good as fuck. That's my best friend, that's my best friend," Domo said as I walked to the backseat of the car. I laughed as I listened to her hype me up.

"Hey girl," I said with a smile on my face.

"Girl, you ready to go to this party?" Dominique asked me as Roland pulled off to our destination.

"As ready as I'll ever be. What's up Ro?" I said, being polite.

"Eb, what's cracking shawty?" Roland asked as he glanced at me through the review mirror.

I didn't respond. Instead, I took out my phone and scrolled on my social media. I peeped Yanique posting about the party. She took several pictures with people there. One in particular made me wanna get to the party as soon as we possibly could.

"So, what made you wanna go to this party?" Domo asked me.

"Girl, I told you that I wanted to go out and have fun," I responded as I clicked on the picture that Yani posted. I was going to the report button as Domo spoke to me.

"I feel like that's not the reason," Dominique said.

"What you mean?" I asked.

"Well, if we're being honest, I feel like you're going because of Kairo," Domo said to me.

"First of all, why would I be going to the party for him?" I asked her.

"Girl. I been knowing your ass for a little over a year now and I know about the shit you went through with him," Domo said.

I wanted to slap this bitch in her face because why did she feel the need to speak about Kairo in front of Roland? I know she was trying to assess the problem, but this was not the time nor the place to do that.

"No offense to Ro but I don't think we should be discussing this in front of him. You know these niggas are friends," I said to her while rolling my eyes in disbelief.

"Girl I'm sorry. I just really want y'all to get back together and if you two would stop frontin' and make it happen then the world would be a better place," Domo told me.

"Domo baby just chill. Let Ebony and Kai handle that. It ain't got nothing to do with us," Roland said as he placed his hand on Dominique's thigh.

"Yes please. Me and him are over. There's nothing left to say about that," I responded.
"Fine. I'll stay out of it," she said as she shrugged her shoulders.

After almost a half hour of driving, we finally pulled up to the spot where the party would be happening. Since this was a place for people twenty-one and over, we needed to get in without ID. Being that Roland was cool and known throughout the five boroughs, this wasn't a problem. We walked up to the spot where a big bouncer was guarding the door. He looked mean in the face but once he saw Ro, his whole expression changed.

"Lil Ro how you doing man?" the bouncer asked Roland as he reached over to rub his head.

"Big Al what's good? Long time no see," Roland responded with a smile on his face, showing his white teeth.

"What you doing on these sides? I thought BK was it for you," the bouncer now known as Big Al asked.

"We got invited to this spot by one of my boys. This my girl Dominique and her friend Ebony," Roland said, introducing us to Big Al.