Chapter 9: Mindless Behavior

3 weeks later...

"Here I'll open the door for you," Dominique said to me. She hopped out her new car to open the passenger door for me. Roland brought her a BMW as an upgrade from the Nissan that she had before.

"Thank you," I said. Buckling up my seatbelt, Domo got back in her seat before driving off.

"So how are you feeling?" She asked me.

I shook my head. "Tired as fuck."

"Are you going home or to Jaleel's house?" She asked.

"Take me home please."

"Are you going to tell him?" I heard her ask as we approached a red light.

I shook my head at her again. "For what? I'm not even talking to him. The way that shit went down with him and Kairo a few weeks ago? Then the way he spoke to me? I don't want to tell him about this abortion. Shit I don't even know if I want to be with him anymore."

"Y'all have to talk at some point. But, I completely understand why you may not want to right now," Domo replied. Her phone started ringing, cutting off the music that was playing.

"It's Roland. Want to answer?" I asked her.

"Not right now. Hey, why don't we go to my house instead? We could both take some naps, eat, and hang out. You shouldn't be alone right now anyway," she said.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Sure, why not."

Domo drove us to her house. She lived in a nice neighborhood with a nice sized house. She lived with her parents. Domo also had an older sister that lived in Atlanta. When we got to the house, it was empty.

"Girl you could go upstairs and lay in my bed. Let me call Roland back," Domo said to me.

My phone buzzed. It was a text from Kairo.

Kai: Ebony can we talk? I apologize for what went down. I told you about that nigga. I want to see you. It's some shit we gotta discuss. Call me if you wanna see me girl. I love you.

I rolled my eyes before throwing my phone down. I could feel the tears burning at my eyes. I was so frustrated with what went down. I was also annoyed with this entire situation. I been taking birth control since before I started having sex. I've been pregnant by Kairo before a few years ago when we were in a relationship. Now, to find out that I was pregnant by Jaleel after everything that's happened? Was definitely another curveball that I didn't need. Once I found out, the best thing to do was to get rid of it. Being with a nigga in this life was way different than having a baby by one.

I almost threw my phone once I saw that Jaleel was calling me. Between him and Kairo? I was starting to wish I was ugly, was a whack ass bitch, and had bad pussy. I don't know what was going on with the men in my life but all these motherfuckers were starting to annoy me.

"Hey, you okay up here?" I heard by the bedroom door. It was Domo.

I nodded my head at her.

"I don't think you are. Question, you spoke to Jah?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Girl, I told you I ain't wanna talk to him nor Kairo so why you asking me about him?" I hope I didn't come off rude but why ask me that shit when I already told you what was going on.

Domo came in the room and closed the door. "Ebony Jaleel and Roland are downstairs right now. I thought you called Jaleel and changed your mind or something."

My eyes went wide. "Did you let them in?" I asked her.

"No."

"Good I can jump out the fucking window now," I said as I jumped up to open her window.