Draco | Christmas

Based on this request,

[headcanons, hufflepuff!reader]

- He was planning on going back home, but if he was being honest, he was not that keen on spending his holidays in that gloomy excuse of a house.

- When he sees you sitting at the Hufflepuff table and eating your dinner alone, he suddenly remembered how you were one of the very few kids who stayed behind every holiday.

- The only problem being in Hogwarts was that his friends weren't there and so he'll be all alone. It seems like this could be changed if he talked to you.

- That part was tricky, of course. The man knows his reputation around the school. He even thought you'd be scared off if he comes near you.

- But you didn't! You responded to his words friendly enough, and soon he got the courage to ask whether you'd like to hang out with him over the holidays.

- You said yes, and a lot of happy moments follow. At first, it was mostly talking. He'd talk about his family and you'll listen (god it feels great to be listened, he'd think).
Then he'll be curious enough to know everything about you. You'll tell him all he needs to understand, and when you gift him a handknit sweater on Christmas, he knew he wasn't going to stop talking to you anytime soon.

- The sweater was gold and black too, which happened to be the only colored threads you had with you. You thought he'll refuse to wear them, because they were your house colors, but he does so without a second thought. The way he looked so comfy would make your heart flutter.

- Even after the holidays, you'll stay close to each other, and soon enough you were a couple, and a happy one at that too. <3