Strings

~A/N: Hi y'all! Hope you're all good! I really want to collaborate with someone to write a fan fic, so let me know if you want to collab with me, I would love that! I loved writing this one shot and think it's some of the best I've written??? Idk, see what you think <3

QOTC: Tumblr or Twitter?

TUMBLR ALWAYS <3

~

Niall always loved the way Liam's fingers danced on the piano keys. He loved how Liam's eyes looked when he was playing his most loved symphonies. He loved how at peace Liam looked whenever his hands connected with his most loved instrument.

But this time was special. 

This time, it was only Niall and Liam. Only them in a big, bright room. Sunnrays glorified the black grand piano in the center of the room as Liam sat by it, his fingers resting on the white keys.

He took a deep breath, closed his eyes before opening them again. 

Niall sat by the boy who had his heart, admiring as he began playing something he had never heard before. It was different than anything he'd ever heard, and something about the way Liam was consumed by the music let him know that this was special. 

This sounded more like a ballad, a love song, Niall thought. He saw how Laim's fingers touched each key, forming the most beautiful sounds. The same basc tune ran throughout the piece, but different chords and added pieces completed it to make a delicate yet stable tune.

They were both immersed in the music, but in different ways.

Liam was pouring his heart out, hoping Niall knew this. This was a ballad, a ballad he had written for Niall, and only for him. He didn't want anyone else to hear how his feelings sounded in notes. 

 Niall, however, was slightly oblivious towards this. He was very aware that this was omething Liam had written himself, but had no idea of the true importance of the graceful sounds flowing through his ears. 

After some time, the music came to a soft pause. 

"That was beautiful." Niall breathed out.

"Thank you. It was for you, this is how I feel about you, Niall. I love you so much and I tried to play that, but nothing can quite match it." Liam dropped his hands from the kays, letting them linger by his sides. 

Suddenly, he heard a low piano key being pressed. His head snapped in the direction of the noise. 

"You're pulling at my heart strings just like the strings in this piano."